BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may be aware, a purchaser of my K12S out of Louisiana recently took delivery (02/08/06). He is ecstatic with the price, condition, mileage, but doesn't like the seating position and it is painful to him after an hour. He bought the bike sight unseen.

The reason I am posting this here is that I am trying to help him (no refund BTW) but suspect the bike only has 1900 miles and is as perfect as when sold.

Should anyone have interest, contact me via PM and I will forward. He is asking $14,500 (presumably to cover his shipping costs from Jacksonville, FL to Sieper, LA.

He may also be looking to trade for R12GS.

·
Registered
403 Posts
He can address the problem through the aftermarket. New seat, bar risers, peg lowering kit all in combination would probably make the bike comfortable for him.

I understand why he bought your bike unseen but interesting that a guy would have no idea of the ergo's at all?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xlr8r said:
He can address the problem through the aftermarket. New seat, bar risers, peg lowering kit all in combination would probably make the bike comfortable for him.

I understand why he bought your bike unseen but interesting that a guy would have no idea of the ergo's at all?
I sent him an e-mail with some suggestions. The only reason I sold my S was to buy a GT, with better wind mgt and some of the stuff we old timers like. But, that being said, I found the bike comfortable and could go tank to tank with no issues. It was my first sport bike and had to get used to some different things...the KLT and R12GS ergo's are indeed different, but seat time cured all of my doubts. Feel quite badly for him.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You know, it may be that he needs to go to the master yoda article and adjust his riding style. And he should probably give it more than a couple of days... His hurts may very well go away. I'd at least try it for a few weeks. jm2c. john

·
Registered
284 Posts
John,
You may have already suggested this to him but if you hadn't...
Tell him to ride the bike every day for an hour. Do this for a week and see if the discomfort goes away.

When I bought my VFR I rode it a lot and after two days I had muscle aches where I didn't even know I had muscles. I knew much of this would go away just because my body had to adjust. After another 4 days of riding the bike every day all muscle pain went away. The only remaining problem was I kept sliding into the tank. A Sargent seat fixed that.

HTH.

·
Registered
437 Posts
true dat!

same thing happened to me with my '04 kgt. coming off a harley dyna, i almost sold my k after 4 months. now i wouldnt trade the ergos for anything. i lowered my pegs, and added type II barbacks. i usually ride 200 miles at least each time, so it's all about getting used to it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Believe it or not, it took me almost 4 months to finally surrender to the ergs of my '04 GT. Wouldn't trade it now for anything. I now know the design is really extraordinary. You really have to think outside the box from old habits, though. I recommend the Yoda article highly. Also, there is something called 'The Alexander Technique' and it is all about body mechanics. Highly informative. Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts