BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to purchase a Uni-Go trailer for the RS the past few years and I'm finally taking the plunge, mainly for all the camping I do and the Beemer Rally in Vermont this year. The Uni-Go is now made here in the States, my home State of Ohio, recently adopted since the State of Confusion was taken. http://uni-go.us/ When you go to the "Hitches" application chart, BMW, there is no listing for the K1200RS. WHAT!!!
Upon further investigating, and keeping this story to a short novel, here's the skinny. It took some proding and poking but they are up to speed with the K1200RS hitch. Several guys from the factory have RS's and are feverishly working on the hitch even as we speak, 24/7, through rain and sleet, never resting until.........oh, sorry. Anyway, they are getting after it. Drop them a line or drop me a line for the hard facts. I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge, no matter how little, on this subject. Have a Great Ride!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sweet.....I've often though ne of these would be cool, but the cost for it is just too much for the 2-3 times a year I would use it.....However, since they are made in Cinci, I'd love to go down and check the place out sometime....

Wouldn't it be cool if I could just buy a hitch from them and then occasionally just rent a trailer when I need it???

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
If I recall correctly (and that's a big if...) the trailer hitch on the bike may knock off the triangular adjustment knob (rebound adjustment) on the stock rear shock. Not that this is a critical function that will automatically cancel any plans riding, but it could be a bit of a surprise. I haven't seen how things hook up, but if you get the chance to observe an existing hitch, you might consider replacing the shock with an Ohlins or Wilbers prior to getting a hitch installed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
370 Posts
No Hitch Trailer...

Check out www.mmaccessories.us/ ( i hope i got that right)and click on trailers. The trailer company is motogoodies. Kind of cool. NO HITCH NEEDED. Not sure if they fit GT/RS, but it says they fit BMW bikes. Worth investigating to avoid that hitch, and it looks like they would have a negligible effect on your ride. Let us know what you find out. Cheers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Uni-Go

cobbler said:
I've been looking to purchase a Uni-Go trailer for the RS the past few years and I'm finally taking the plunge, mainly for all the camping I do and the Beemer Rally in Vermont this year. The Uni-Go is now made here in the States, my home State of Ohio, recently adopted since the State of Confusion was taken. http://uni-go.us/ When you go to the "Hitches" application chart, BMW, there is no listing for the K1200RS. WHAT!!!
Upon further investigating, and keeping this story to a short novel, here's the skinny. It took some proding and poking but they are up to speed with the K1200RS hitch. Several guys from the factory have RS's and are feverishly working on the hitch even as we speak, 24/7, through rain and sleet, never resting until.........oh, sorry. Anyway, they are getting after it. Drop them a line or drop me a line for the hard facts. I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge, no matter how little, on this subject. Have a Great Ride!
I know the folks that own the company that make Uni-Go - good people. I've had an opportunity to see the trainer in action and I'll haveta admit - it's actually pretty snazzy as far as trailers go.....

I'm actually suprised they didn't have something setup for the RS/GT - I think the first time I saw one it was on a R-bike......

Anyway, good luck with 'em and let us know if you get one - maybe we can meet up for lunch/dinner/whatever somewhere (I'm in Cincinnati also)...

Alow

·
Registered
589 Posts
Razel said:
If I recall correctly (and that's a big if...) the trailer hitch on the bike may knock off the triangular adjustment knob (rebound adjustment) on the stock rear shock. Not that this is a critical function that will automatically cancel any plans riding, but it could be a bit of a surprise. I haven't seen how things hook up, but if you get the chance to observe an existing hitch, you might consider replacing the shock with an Ohlins or Wilbers prior to getting a hitch installed.
This was/is true of the original hitch. Cousi had his break. I inspected mine and could see where the was some contact. I know that he and I notified the original manufacturer of this, and I think they pulled that model until it could be modiified. I used a ball peen hammer to slightly indent the inside of the tube to gain some clearance.
BTW, I pull a large Bunkhouse trailer with this setup, very stable.
You will hear some folks complain about the UniGo at speed, creating a bit of a wobble. My opinion is this is because the single track trailer can create more of a sided to side load, as opposed to a 2 wheel trailer that does not. I've never pulled a Unigo, no direct experience there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
motogoodies trailer

fastjohnny said:
Check out www.mmaccessories.us/ ( i hope i got that right)and click on trailers. The trailer company is motogoodies. Kind of cool. NO HITCH NEEDED. Not sure if they fit GT/RS, but it says they fit BMW bikes. Worth investigating to avoid that hitch, and it looks like they would have a negligible effect on your ride. Let us know what you find out. Cheers.
Interesting, seems like they have been around for a while in EU. Anyone over the pond who's tied the motogoodies trailer?

Eric

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts