BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Garmin 2610 second hand and did not get the unlock code for the mapping software. Does anyone know what the best course of action is? I contacted Garmin but have not heard back from them yet. Is there a way around the unlock code?

·
Registered
351 Posts
How good are you at cracking a 25 digit alpha numberic code? Garmin will have to pass it along to you or you need to get it from the original owner.

I know Garmin is a bit slow on the response side for customer support. I purchased a BMW Nav II and am still waiting on the $100 rebate. I purchased on Jan. 12, 2006 and sent everything in at postmarked by Jan. 15 and am still waiting... Numberous emails back and forth but no solid info yet.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
scottvr52 said:
I bought a Garmin 2610 second hand and did not get the unlock code for the mapping software. Does anyone know what the best course of action is? I contacted Garmin but have not heard back from them yet. Is there a way around the unlock code?
They were on a yellow piece of paper.
I wrote my codes down inside of the CD case and manual. Did you look everywhere?
Yeah, Garmin is slow!

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
cousi said:
They were on a yellow piece of paper.
I wrote my codes down inside of the CD case and manual. Did you look everywhere?
Yeah, Garmin is slow!
Garmin sent me a free North America map DVD. Took a whole 3 days from the time I requested it by e-mail. Not bad. And it was free. Sort of.

I've got the yellow paper, but now I need a computer with a DVD player. Maybe later. I find navigation by GPS screen to be pretty simple and quick.

Besides, I may just be the last person in North America running Windows 98 with 128MB of RAM on a 7 GB hard drive and a 466 processor.

Work is 3.00GHz Pentium with 2.50GB of RAM. Maybe I could swap them?

·
Registered
351 Posts
CABNFVR & GPS

Tim, you are a GPS, ought to just rent yourself out for trips. I tried putting the DVD in the player but nothing showed up on the TV. :wtf

BTW, got an email response from Garmin today stating I should get my rebate within 10-12 days.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts