BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having trouble with the front seat Rick made me last year. I had only ridden it around 2k since the seat was installed. I originally did a ride in appointment and everything went smooth. The passenger seat was great but the front had all the same problems such as being narrow and tilting towards the gas tank. I like the tilt on my ZX 10 but it really was a pain on the GT. I called Rick last week and he made me a ride in appointment within a week to try and remedy the problems. The stock seat pan is a poor platform at best to try and build on. He raised the front two inches and the rear one inch. He also added some softer padding. I just got back from a 5 hour ride to his shop and it felt like a whole new seat. The ride back was way better than the ride over. The seat is now as good as it can be. If anyone has similar issues this info may help. Rick and his staff really did a great job as usual . Customer service as it's best!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've had two saddles made by Rick. The first one was on a ZRX1200 and it took a few tweaks but I ended up with a great saddle. The second one was on a Sprint ST.

It's a PITA for a ride-in appointment for me because I live 6 hours away but since there are such great roads in the area I just planned trips around my visits to his place.

IMO, getting a custom saddle via a ride-in appointment is the best plan.

I have not gotten a custom saddle for my K12S but it will probably be from Rich's in Seattle . He's only 4 hours away and I love Seattle (except for the traffic).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts