BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a general recommended retail price in the US for a new 2006 K1200S ? Is the rrp significantly different to what is actually paid ?

Lenz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reply to 06 purchase price question

I got a quote for a grey 06 with ESA, grips, ABS, on board computer, plus center stand and bags installed, no tax, $18,000 and change in the New England area in December 05. How does this sound to '06 owners?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Those are good prices...I paid $17,400 for my 05, but no centerstand and no bags.

Faust - it will be a slow week for you - hang in' there!

·
Registered
156 Posts
blue/white color
abs
heated grips
esa
on board computer
side cases
full size tank bag
stock accessory plug wired to battery
wrote a check for $19300

btw bike had a msrp of $18595

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello!
I'm new to the site. I've been browsing the sport tourer bike for quite long time and now come down to K12S, FJR, and possibly ZX14.

I know the retail price of K12S is $15,700US. and the other two bikes are a couple of thousands cheaper. I need to justify this difference to my wife, who doesn't care anything about prestige that BMW has, if I make up my mind to K12S.

So here is my question, do BMW bikes have higher resale value as compared to others?
How much do they discount usually? Is it possible to get out door price of $15,000US? (guess not, huh, after looking at your prices...)

Please advise.

Thank you.

p.s. Since English is my second language, it sounds funny sometimes. Please bear with me. :)

Aviator_JPN

·
Registered
107 Posts
Aviator_JPN said:
Hello!
I'm new to the site. I've been browsing the sport tourer bike for quite long time and now come down to K12S, FJR, and possibly ZX14.

I know the retail price of K12S is $15,700US. and the other two bikes are a couple of thousands cheaper. I need to justify this difference to my wife, who doesn't care anything about prestige that BMW has, if I make up my mind to K12S.

So here is my question, do BMW bikes have higher resale value as compared to others?
How much do they discount usually? Is it possible to get out door price of $15,000US? (guess not, huh, after looking at your prices...)

Aviator_JPN
Resale values for BMW bikes are usually good because of the brand and the fact that they do not go into heavy discount like other brands (at least in my part of the world anyway). I have an excellent excuse for you: The KS uses shaft drive hence lower maintenance, easier to clean, freeing up more of your time to spend with your wife :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
tatran said:
Resale values for BMW bikes are usually good because of the brand and the fact that they do not go into heavy discount like other brands (at least in my part of the world anyway). I have an excellent excuse for you: The KS uses shaft drive hence lower maintenance, easier to clean, freeing up more of your time to spend with your wife :)
Thank you, Tatran for your reply. It is good to hear that the resale value is good. And I also like about the driveshaft. You don't have to spend a lot of time on cleaning up.
I can use your last sentence to persuade my wife!! :ricky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts