BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is looking for a new model GT but wants to save a few sheckles, Nick's BMW in De Pere, WI has just taken possession of a USED one. Bike looks to be in great shape, but I did not do any due diligence on it.

Graphite
25xx miles
$18,8xx.xx

Jim Eng (the owner) told me he would take a credit card deposit over the phone.

Just an FYI - typical disclaimers apply.

Brian

PS He also has a new 06 in Crystal Grey that can be had for sticker.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
Saw two new 06's today at Morton's. Blue one being prepped for demo and a crystal grey that a guy was drueling over.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Adventure BMW a bit farther south (and east) sold their 2006 allotment of 3 in 3 days; I got the first off the floor.
Greg

·
The Gov
660 Posts
I was surprised with Morton's, they were the same way, waiting on 07's and boom, two 06's out of the blue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oops, I was wrong. Adventure BMW just got a new '06 in blue on Friday. It's on the floor and available (guess where I stopped today?).
Greg

·
The Gov
660 Posts
GregC said:
Oops, I was wrong. Adventure BMW just got a new '06 in blue on Friday. It's on the floor and available (guess where I stopped today?).
Greg
I rode down to Hammersly today, back roads and twisties down and back. Didn't notice if they had a GT on the floor, and I didn't care. I need to buy a house just off the BRP. :ricky

·
Registered
232 Posts
Speed limit is too slow on BRP, I like going on 39 E-W into WV....zoom! :ricky
Greg

·
The Gov
660 Posts
GregC said:
Speed limit is too slow on BRP, I like going on 39 E-W into WV....zoom! :ricky
Greg
39 is a great road, that's the beauty of VA, WV and NC, lots of awesome roads. We like parts of 42 and 16 as well. :ricky

Get a V1 - the rangers stick out like a sore thumb. I average 65-70 and even spacewife has hit a buck passing Hardly's. Also, the rangers tend to hang out in 6 or 7 spots north of Roanoke. South of Roanoke, the local's also patrol and run radar on the BRP until you get back out in the sticks, then it's pretty clean until you get near Mabry Mill.

I just use common sense, and we've never been nailed.

Phil

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
philspace said:
39 is a great road, that's the beauty of VA, WV and NC, lots of awesome roads. We like parts of 42 and 16 as well. :ricky

Get a V1 - the rangers stick out like a sore thumb. I average 65-70 and even spacewife has hit a buck passing Hardly's. Also, the rangers tend to hang out in 6 or 7 spots north of Roanoke. South of Roanoke, the local's also patrol and run radar on the BRP until you get back out in the sticks, then it's pretty clean until you get near Mabry Mill.

I just use common sense, and we've never been nailed.

Phil
I agree Phil, but what about the local Country Mounties or Town Sheriffs, etc. Do they also have jurisdiction. Here in FL, we have local sheriff's office, FL Highway Patrol (locally also), the town LEO's e.g. City of Blah, Blah, etc. Recently on some back roads, 2-laners in FL going about 70 in a 65 and a squid passes me at 100+++. Five miles down the road bhe City of BFE has him pulled over, writing a ticket.
Maybe LEO's are too expensive for the area????

·
The Gov
660 Posts
jpalamaro said:
I agree Phil, but what about the local Country Mounties or Town Sheriffs, etc. Do they also have jurisdiction. Here in FL, we have local sheriff's office, FL Highway Patrol (locally also), the town LEO's e.g. City of Blah, Blah, etc. Recently on some back roads, 2-laners in FL going about 70 in a 65 and a squid passes me at 100+++. Five miles down the road bhe City of BFE has him pulled over, writing a ticket.
Maybe LEO's are too expensive for the area????
They do, but you don't see them up there very often. Only near the areas where there is easy on and off, after all, going up there puts them pretty much out of pocket due to the limited access. Even the Park Service generally only hang out near their shops, Peaks of Otter, Mabry Mill, and the major intersections back down to the valley, like US 60, 54, 501/130 and the stretch from Wintergreen up to Afton at the end. And again, they are everywhere from US221 to US221 around Roanoke. Park Police also have unmarked white cruisers.

The other advantage to radar detectors up there is that it is so RF quiet. When you get a slight hit, it always means something and to slow down.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I also presume radar preferable to anything else i.e. lasers , as the target area of a cycle or even car, coupled with the short sight distance with curves makes target acquisition difficult. Heck, speed limits are good for me . . . I can then hide behind, "Hey, I ride the speed limit", so these chicken strips are cuz I'm a safe and legal rider."

·
The Gov
660 Posts
jpalamaro said:
I also presume radar preferable to anything else i.e. lasers , as the target area of a cycle or even car, coupled with the short sight distance with curves makes target acquisition difficult. Heck, speed limits are good for me . . . I can then hide behind, "Hey, I ride the speed limit", so these chicken strips are cuz I'm a safe and legal rider."
Heck, I'm still into chicken strips. If I use 30% of what this bike is capable of I would be surprised.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
jpalamaro said:
Phil, you are going to CCR aren't you?

Miles Miller [[email protected]]
Yupper. All set short of putting new meats on her and a quick oil change. Look for the faster color GT and a wifey trailing behind on one of those slow grey RT's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts