BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've found a few used RS bikes in the Pacific Northwest. One is a 2002, black, with no bags, and another is a Piedmont Red, 2003. It has some extras. The only place i can find with used price guides is Kelly Blue Book.

Did the RS come with rear bags, or where they extra? Is KBB a good guide for used pricing? Any other sources?

Also, were there any differences between 2002 and 2003 model years?

TIA,

-dave

·
Registered
501 Posts
I believe that some early 2002's had the narrower rear wheel 5.0" not 5.5". Someone else might want to verify this, but you might see something other than a 180/55 rear tire.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought a new K1200RS in 2002. I traded it 36,000 miles later for a 2004 model, but as I remember.
The standard items are:
Grip heaters, electric cruise control, ABS and power brakes, One electrical power outlet, self canceling turn signals, two position windsheild (manual), rear wheel 5", I think there were three paint chooses (maybe).

I had to add rear lugage Rack, side brackets for bags, and bags.
Plus have them keyed alike.

Bazra
aka: The Flash

·
Faster than poop
32 Posts
My new-to-me 2002 was just as Bazra described. I added the side bags and mounting brackets as well.

The bags look much bigger on the outside than they actually are on the inside. A full-face helmet will barely fit in the right bag, while the left bag is more ornamental than it is useful. Also, the exhaust pipe has been known to melt it. The left comes with some metallized heat shielding tape on it, but I recommend shielding the entire area that's cut out for the pipe.

It's a great bike! Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts