BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks on the road and was it Fun. I had been looking to do this for three years.
Enjoy the view.

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
been there

spend two weeks in UT on my bicycle however. Capitol reef, Bridges park, Arches park, Lake ????, Mushroom park(that is what i call it. A lot of sand stone pillars standing 3 - 20' after years of flooding), Salt Lake, Provo....etc.

Would of liked to have been there with you.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
We were there ...

JamesTexas said:
Two weeks on the road and was it Fun. I had been looking to do this for three years.
Enjoy the view.
... pic 3. We were on that road in ??? on our way to ??? Where the heck were we going? Oh well, great road. We met a guy on an R bike from Canada in the same area as your pic. We asked if he was going to the rally. "What rally?" I remember that. K75s - must have been on our way to Fredricksburg by way of Death Valley. 1996. We need to get back out there ourselves.

Sounds like you had a great trip.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The pictures bring back so many memories of the great parks, and roads, in Utah. Too bad I couldn't have been there with you. I'm looking forward to next year, starting with the Big Bend get-together and then Rango's Roundup and whatever else rears it's head.

How many unmarked patrol cars/trucks did you encounter on this trip?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few but very little radar use.
Hope to see you at " Pre THC Roundup 06 " and " Rango's Roundup " in Red River in May.

·
Registered
504 Posts
JamesTexas said:
A few but very little radar use.
Hope to see you at " Pre THC Roundup 06 " and " Rango's Roundup " in Red River in May.
UTAH is at the top of my list of places to visit on the GT.

Just what is "Rango's Roundup"?

·
Registered
489 Posts
sincGT said:
UTAH is at the top of my list of places to visit on the GT.

Just what is "Rango's Roundup"?
It's a shootout in Red River, NM during May. I have a bullet hole on my bike from the last Rango's Roundup. It's a fun rally in a very neat little town. Rango organizes the rally from the LT web site. Mostly LTs but all are welcome.

One LT came away with several bullet holes and handfulls of rubber chickens.

Beware of the "Coven". Come if you dare.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
eljeffe said:
Mark,

Here was last year's announcement:

http://www.k-bikes.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=rally&Number=96429

It was a lot of fun and some really great riding.
FYI: The www.BMWSportTouring.com folks get together twice a year in Torrey, Utah. We have a standing date in May, the weekend before Memorial Day and one in Sept. or Oct. We always stay at the Chuckwagon Hotel for the 3 day event with a get together poolside on Friday evening. Last Oct there were about 70 folks that showed up and more than 100 were there in May.
If some of you have never been there, do yourself a favor and plan a trip sometime, with or without the RT group, it's some of the best riding that I've ever done.

For more info. check out the Ride Planing area on http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/569142/an/0/page/1#569142. We always have a great time and keep on going up there year after year. There's a lot of folks that are on RS's and GT's and some guys bring up their sportbikes to enjoy the twisties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts