BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to buy a '06 K12S. I never thought of having a radar dectector mount on a bike, what a great idea, but my question is: how do you power a V1 or any other detector that matter, how does it connect to the bike?

thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perhaps you could show me one because i haven't been able to find one. and it would seem the only logical place to post a thread like that would be in this forum where there are only several posts, so why waste your time being an jerk?

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
http://piratesk12site.net/PLradarmount.htm

You can direct wire to the battery using the V-1's direct wire kit. Or you could add an accessory socket to your bike (if you haven't already) and use a BMW to Cigarette Plug in your tankbag.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Elpadrino: I guess starting off polite isn't your cup of tea. Maybe you could explain how mentioning that the search funtion works is being a jerk? FWIW if you had tried looking in the K1200S section you'd have found several threads (try V1, valentine, detector,mounting etc) But being the jerk I am I guess trying to point you in the right direction was what, rude..

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
FYI..

Since the search doesn't like search terms smaller than 4 letters, I have added a few shorter words to the exception list. Searching on "V1" or "V-1" will work now. I also added "GPS" and "XM. If there are other short (less than 4 characters) search terms that you might be frustrated with when you do a search, let me know and I'll add it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you want a switched power source, there's a gps plug that's tie wrapped just under the battery compartment cover. I just cut the plug off(don't need gps)
and used that. The detector will switch off after about a minute, once the key is turned off.

There's a more detailed desc. on the bmwk1200s.com site under the "how to" section.

p.s. pirates lair has a simple platform that goes over the clutch res. cover for $45 that works pretty well. Uses velcro and the detector stay's put.

For a V1, I think you have to buy a remote audio adapter, but you can run the cord inside the body work and pop it up where the seat meets the tank and plug in your earbuds there. That's how I did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts