BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
291 Posts
Both these gaskets are deep in it. I always change #2. The cover gasket #3, if it is soft, no kinks or nicks, I clean all the old sealant off the corners and apply small dabs of RTV high temp O2 sensor okay stuff when it is clean and dry. But I change it every other time. Don't forget the little orings if you lift the cam bridge. Be sure to put bits of rag in the spark plug holes so you don't lose something down there. Also have to adjust I change the water pump shaft seal that is in the head. The mud guard for the water pump, every other time. Which, makes it not often as you usually don't have to change shims every time you check. Any rubber gasket that is not soft or is deformed is a gamble. Add the fact that it is hard to get to and that equals; use a new one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One of these sealants are the same as Bmw OEM sealant, anyone have an idea of wich?

Asking as most refer to different specific sealants they use and usually they are hard to find in europe or goes by different names here hence such recommandations doesent help us on this side of the pond. Figuring out the oem stuff we can get our hands on good stuff that are known to work and not give problems later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
291 Posts
Don't forget the 4 O-rings for the spark plug holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts