BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a fit of weakness- and when the wife was out of town- I ordered a set of the Vario levers.

Been riding with them for about a week now and just love them. Two finger clutch and the brake side I extended to get three fingers on it if I want (never know about needing extra leverage for panic stops).

They do change the clutch actuation point with the lever sucked all the way back, for the better, I might add. A quick fan and the gear is changed.

Chimp easy to install, just use and Allen to unbolt the OEM's. Word of warning: you have to reuse two leetle springs, put your hand under the OEM lever when removing. The new one's you just stick a cylinder thru the hole and use the supplied circlip to retain.

No problems whatsoever with the micro switches.

I've been lusting after these boogers for a long time and don't know why I waited so long.

The website shows the levers adjusted all the way out
http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BOSCC&Product_Code=Vario_Levers

·
Registered
26 Posts
They sure look good Grif. Since insurance is replacing one of the levers anyway, maybe I could order these instead and use the replacement value to help pay for the Varios. I might see what the dealer will do.

Which color did you get?

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
My better half uses them on F800ST and loves them. All the way in - alllow her not to remove her hands from the grips.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the black ones on my tricolor. I like them better then OEM. It was a slight pita to put that bushing back in the new handles and my microswitch stopped working (coincidence?) so bmw replaced it under warranty.
Two fingers is all you need. The end of the lever where your middle finger touches has a slight lip on it so your fingers dont' have a chance of slipping off the end.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
You can also get Pazzo replacement levers in either short or long.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Meese said:
Yeah, but one of the really nice things about the Varios is that they are adjustable.

I got a good look at Grif's today. Man, those are so sweet!!! I need to start a paper route to pay for all these cool farkles!

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meese said:
I read a write up on a comparo. The Pazzo's cost less, but are also less refined in finish. And as Doug says, they aren't adjustable in length. The two finger thang really does it and being shorter with more of a dip in the body of the lever changes the clutch actuation point to where it's closer to the grip.

They really are nice and I wish I hadn't have waited as long. I bet they'd fit the LT, but fanning, quick shifts at redline just aren't the norm for most of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts