BMW Mount (with RAM Mount)

Big Mak Mount

GadgetGuy Mount

·
Registered
68 Posts
great thread
thanks jeff.
my KGT will be built THIS COMING WEEK (week 32)
i hope to have her within 4 weeks
i'll be mounting my Garmin 376C (same as John's)
still considering buying the new BMW Nav III/2820 in the Garmin world
..... don't want to lose my GPS-excess personality disorder :D
i hope that i'll be able to get together with john and mount everything on the bike soon after it arrives. (if only WE lived closer)

thanks again

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
my KGT will be built THIS COMING WEEK (week 32)
i hope to have her within 4 weeks
Seems to me that your delivery date keeps getting further away (as I fully expected). Don't mean to rub it in, nor wish bad on you...I just thought your initial time-frame seemed a bit optimistic.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just received and installed my Big Mak mount. Took all of 10 min to get it in place. Personally, I think that this is a great mount. Keeping the farkles in the line of sight instead of below the gauges is really a smart idea.

It also has the added bonus of acting as a sunshade for the gauges, and helps direct some airflow the comes under the windshield back to the rider.

Brian

·
Registered
205 Posts
Blazer two questions

1. How did you mount your gps ? Did you use Big Mak bracket or did you mount it right to the self.

2. How did you run your wires? Did you remove the nose and did you drill a chase for thee wires?

·
Registered
497 Posts
MassGT said:
Blazer two questions

1. How did you mount your gps ? Did you use Big Mak bracket or did you mount it right to the self.

2. How did you run your wires? Did you remove the nose and did you drill a chase for thee wires?
1) I didn't - no GPS yet
2) See # 1

;)

I haven't bought a GPS yet. I am leaning to a 2720, but just haven't gotten the job done yet. But I will use the Garmin mount as the Big Mak is drilled for it already.

Brian

·
Registered
457 Posts
eljeffe, I have a Garmin StreetPilot III currently on my Ducati. Where can I get the Garmin mount for my 06 KGT? :confused: Thanks!

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts