BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bmw tank bag without the velcro fastener, which has gone on the bike. I remember from my previous tank bag that, both sides of the Velcro were hard. I found some Velcros in a local craft store, all have one hard and one soft part. Original BMW tankbag has two hard Velcros kissing each other. Does the hard part of those products work and stick to the hard Velcro of the tank bag??

(it is 3$, it would be easier to buy one and try, instead of writing here :) )

Does anyone know a product to stick on the tank and attach the tank bag on it?

·
Registered
636 Posts
DrDakar said:
I bought a bmw tank bag without the velcro fastener, which has gone on the bike. I remember from my previous tank bag that, both sides of the Velcro were hard. I found some Velcros in a local craft store, all have one hard and one soft part. Original BMW tankbag has two hard Velcros kissing each other. Does the hard part of those products work and stick to the hard Velcro of the tank bag??

(it is 3$, it would be easier to buy one and try, instead of writing here :) )

Does anyone know a product to stick on the tank and attach the tank bag on it?
My BMW Tank Bag on my K1200GT uses hard Velcro at the bag end, and attaches to soft velcro which is stuck to the front of the tank.
I see no need to use velcro on top of the tank if mounted correctly with both ends of the bag as desiged.

Best wishes.

Ken.

·
Registered
589 Posts
You can buy a piece from your dealer, or go the Radio Shack and buy what they label as Dual Lock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ken, Bob, thanks.

I see no need to use velcro on top of the tank if mounted correctly with both ends of the bag as desiged.
I need the velcro for the front of the tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Velcro is worthless

On the BMW tank bag, I've gone through two sets of HD velcro for the front of the bag where it attches to the front of the fuel tank beneath the bars. I've since made a loop which goes around the neck of the frame. This loop is much more taut and prevents the bag from sliding around. It also has a quick release clip.

Bag the velcro in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts