BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 08 K1200GT a week ago and ready for the 1,000 km service and was wondering if the Venture Shield full kit is worth it. My dealer is asking $500 installed for the kit. Is this a reasonable price? Is this something that can be done easily by myself? I would be very interested in hearing from people who have had this installed and if possible some pictures. I am also looking for some side rubber side tank panel pads and recommendations would be greatfull.

Thanks

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Some folks have gotten the kits and done it themselves, although it can be very difficult, especially with all the compound curves on the bike. Others have just done a few leading edges rather than the whole bike.

I took my brand-new GT to a Clear Bra dealer and had them do everything. It wasn't cheap (more than your dealer quoted you) but they literally covered the whole bike. And when the center stand broke and the bike tipped over a few months later, all I had to do was have the saddlebag and the side fairing Clear Bra redone, without replacing any damaged panels. So for me, it has already paid for itself. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts