BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery this weekend of the Verholen Mini Tank Bag ($48 from Pirate). I have the Big Mac Airbag, and I like it for taking trips. Around town it's more than I need and it gets in the way when I want to really lean into the bike.

I saw the Mini Tank Bag on the Pirate's site, and thought, what the hell, for $48 how can I go wrong? It installs over a couple of stainless steel bayonet studs that replace two of the fuel cover cap screws. The bag comes with two of these screws and they replace the screws that are at the 9:00 and 3:00 position. The bag fits over the studs, and it is secure - very secure in fact. I don't think it's going to come off unless you want it to come off.

The bag is just big enough to hold an iPOD, DC adapter for the iPOD, Mix-It2, cell phone and a few odds and ends. Enough for everything you need for a Saturday ride. The bag takes up very little room and doesn't interfere with your upper body when you're really leaning in the twisties. Once I snapped the bag on, I knew I had to do something about the exposed power supply that runs from underneath my battery cover. I also have a lead that connects the earphone port on my radar detector to the MixIt. I just didn't like the exposed wires on such a clean bike. What do do?

I used an X-Acto knife and cut away just enough of the right rear tab on the battery cover to allow the power supply and radar detector audio lead to pass though to the side of the Mini Tank Bag. Very clean, minimal hassle. I'm on the road so til Thursday so I can't post pictures until then.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts