BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this tonight for the first time and am surprised it hasn't come up here yet. Are we afraid of the " H " word??? VFR1200F Wow that is beautiful! Doesn't look like it will out do BMW after reading the specs. I am looking forward to test riding one :D Very comparable, but better?

What do you say?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Be prepared for the VFR slamming, being an ill-handling heavy pig compared to the K13S for having all of 22 pounds more weight. Not to mention under powered with 173hp. Oh, and lets not forget the ridiculously small fuel capacity of 18 liters (compared to the 19 of the S), which makes it utterly useless for touring. I think that about covers the general consensus of the new VFR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would say the VFR1200 is more of a tourer like the GT? Just a shame they have given it small luggage and a low fuel range (for a tourer). Press reports haven't been that good!!

I think Honda have messed up again, shame with their supperior build quallity.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Jeromy said:
Just saw this tonight for the first time and am surprised it hasn't come up here yet. Are we afraid of the " H " word???

What do you say?
This is a BMW site, we talk about beemers. That said, I've never seen any fear
of discussing Honda's in all the time I've been here. We do occasionally get the odd
fanboi or two that just has to see what our reactions to the Japanese mfrs is.

So, to feed your need for Honda stuff, here's mine.

Honda fooked up by making the new generatioon VFR so big. There are plenty of
porky "sport-tourers" in the heavy end of the market.ie: St1300, Kawi Concours 14,
a BMW or two.......what's one more big portly bike ?

They shoulda stayed with the true VFR lineage and kept the new bike in the
900 cc range. Put on some quality luggage, a couple features like cruise control,
heated grips, extra lighting....that sorta thing.

As it is, all they have is one more offering in an already overcrowded small segment of the market.

IMO, of course :coffee

·
Registered
283 Posts
No Problem here, but it seems to be more a general Bike topics discussion versus specific to the model this subforum is about. I agree it is more a competitor for the GT or the R-ST than for the S.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Y2K12RS said:
No Problem here, but it seems to be more a general Bike topics discussion versus specific to the model this subforum is about. I agree it is more a competitor for the GT or the R-ST than for the S.
Good point. I moved it to the Bike Talk section.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shook sez said:
Good point. I moved it to the Bike Talk section.
Yeah, sorry bout the misplacement of this discussion... still picking up on the forum guidlines :teeth

It sounds like most people have that adjustable seat hight...... IMO anyways...
I Kinda like the look of it. I think Honda got a nice side profile especially around the front fairing. That little silver bit that outlines the red really gives it a different look. Doesn't look like the passenger will be very comfortable tho.The rear seat looks like it came off the CBR1000RR.

"I would say the VFR1200 is more of a tourer like the GT? " - Just wondering why you would compare it more to the GT than The KS?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Honda Shaft Drive rear end will never fail. BMW might want to take a look at it. :spank1:

·
Registered
106 Posts
So... you think Honda has managed to develop a shaft drive that is immune to manufacturing defects as well as damage by clueless owners and mechanics that have more work than the time to do it right?

Don't try to tell that to the VTX riders :)

regards,
Joe

·
Registered
153 Posts
Like the VFR looks - however can't get past the exhaust........

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
Semper_Fi said:
Funny, folks said the same thing about the GT when it first came out . . . :D

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Semper_Fi said:
Ditto that.

The triangular mufflers on the Honda ST1300 bothers me too. They do all these neat sexy curves and then throw a couple of ugly saggy triangular things on it. Sort of like some wom....opps, never mind.

Mack

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have just seen the new KZ1000 and it has even more hideous exhaust.

If that is the new trend it will take me quite a while to digest

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have heard that Honda's new build strategy will be similar to BMW 's and those of the car manufacturers where they need to get economies of scale by building multiple models on a single platform with cosmetic and performance alterations.
If this is the case we should see a semi-naked/naked VFR and also an ST version following the "F".
I for one keenly await the ST version if this info is solid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dadicool59 said:
I have heard that Honda's new build strategy will be similar to BMW 's and those of the car manufacturers where they need to get economies of scale by building multiple models on a single platform with cosmetic and performance alterations.
If this is the case we should see a semi-naked/naked VFR and also an ST version following the "F".
I for one keenly await the ST version if this info is solid.
that would be a very interesting bike. Hopefully they would up the power for the naked ( unlike KR bikes ) and loose some fat. and that ugly exhaust. I'lll bet that an after market can would do that bike a whole lot of good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts