BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
looks nice but with a 5.7 second 0-60 time there are far too many cars that will eat its lunch.

If something is gonna look that cool it better have the performance to back it up! JMHO

·
Registered
56 Posts
put a ragtop on it, and make it quicker, it would work

but you know that if it is introduced to the states, lawyers will make VW wrap that rear tire with a huge ugly bumper.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Similar vehicle in Feb. Cycle World issue powered by Suzuki. Would certainly be a fun ride!

Jim

·
Registered
395 Posts
Now you talking get it sub 5 second 0-60 and there will still be some quicker off the mark but not many!!!! price range at under 20k sounds good also!!

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Not really all that original and while it is a sweet looking toy, not sure what the point is. Here are some other concepts along the same line

This one is from VW back in 1986, as I said, nothing original.

And these below are from Peugot - they sure look familiar, don't they.

And let's not forget the Scarver which at least you can actually buy today.

And this one is from 1938! The Morgan F Trike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone Educate Me

Okay, so what determines that these are classified as "motorcycles" as opposed to "automobiles?" Some of the other concepts presented have got to be better than a KIA Reo, even in a crash, so what makes the difference? Three wheels instead of four? So are aircooled (bug motors) VW trikes a car or a cycle?

Up here in liberated Washington it now takes a special endorsement to ride a trike if it is derived from a motorcycle chassis, but not from a car chassis. Go figure!

cycle_gator
aka Tim
'04 K1200RS Orient Blue

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
In UK we work on number of wheels for yearly road taxes and historically whether a working reverse shift was fitted or not.

Motorcycles (or as they say 'motor bicycles') always have 2 wheels as in the 'bi' and are lowest taxation class. Next comes motor tricycles with you guessed it - 3 wheels, then cars or automobiles with 4 or more wheels. Now why didn't they call cars quadrocycles? A one wheeled machine as seen at circuses would be called a monocycle, I've never seen a motorised one and don't think there's a taxation class!

Somewhere down the line the word 3 wheeler came in as normally representing an enclosed 3 wheel car/automobile - but I think the officials still call both VW 'trike' conversions and 3 wheel cars 'motor tricycles'. There's another old rule they used for taxation which was that nothing other than a 4 wheel classified vehicle would have a reverse shift but I think they did away with that. I remember 3 wheel 'cars' used to come with a plate fixed on the reverse shift position and owners used to take them off! Imagine pushing a 3 wheeler with 3 passengers in the rain to reverse it!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts