BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please note, the bike must be in mint condition, well maintained, low mileage, no accidents (e.g. drops to the ground), no damage/repairs, etc.
Many thanks in advance for any assistance
My contact info:

Tom Wallace
1 613 291-3635
[email protected]

·
Registered
49 Posts
A voice in my head has been telling me to do exactly the same. Got a GT at the moment -with HP Motorsport forged wheels and planning to fit the twin air intakes of the S- but keeping wanting a whole 1300S HP.

Good luck with the search (one went on eBay in the UK last week for about £6,700 (about 20k miles though).

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R & 2021 Vespa Primavera clown paint job
669 Posts
Hey 20K miles is LOW. These bikes are good way past 150K miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey 20K miles is LOW. These bikes are good way past 150K miles.
Yes I know , thanks. I've owned a number of K-bikes; I foolishly sold my 2015 K1300 'motorsport' with 4500 miles on it two years ago. Been riding them for decades. Bought a used 2019 S1000xr with only 195 kilometers on it, but it's not my type of bike. (In my 62 year as a licensed rider.) Cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
Check out cycletrader.com for USA nationwide listings, but lotsa luck if you're looking for a unicorn.
Look at ebay.com (you didn't say you had, so...)

Might be useful to indicate your general location as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out cycletrader.com for USA nationwide listings, but lotsa luck if you're looking for a unicorn.
Look at ebay.com (you didn't say you had, so...)

Might be useful to indicate your general location as well.
many thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2015 K1300S Motorsports with a tic over 3000 miles. Yes, three-thousand. It’s in mint condition. Serviced meticulously. All the records. Helibars-bars. Kaoko throttle lock. Power distribution module. SW Motech Tank Bag with GPS. BMW sport panniers. High vis lighting front and rear. LED turn/ brake lights. Brand new Pirelli Angel GT A-Spec tires. Works as brand new. Not even broken in yet. At a recent BMW event the local dealer offered to buy it back as did two of the participants. It might be the lowest mileage K1300 Motorsports in the country. I have never advertised it for sale.

It is easily the best single all around bike I have ever owned. It pulls away cleanly from 30mph in 6th gear without complaints and is as happy to cruise lazily to the store as it is to cruise across country. It is so stable at any speed or lean angle. Brutally fast as well...really really fast. But, you can also go quite quickly all weekend and never get above 5000 rpm. I even taught my 18 year old son how to ride on it. Amazing.

The titanium Akropovic is actually not too loud below 5500 rpm (around 80 mph) but above that it gets a very nice Formula 1 sound and a nice little pop on the quick shifter.

Love the Hossack front end. The heated grips, the ABS and traction control, shaft drive and the electronic suspension all work as advertised. I rode all the new 2021 bikes and there is nothing like this one in the line-up.

Personally, I am tall and getting a bit older And the K1300S folds me up just a bit. Especially for big big miles. I have just started looking at the R1250GSA for a very long tour coming up and may sell the K-Bike. Or, I just may tour on the K1300S. Make me an offer.

I have a ton of pictures I can send as well.

You can contact me at [email protected]. I’m not online frequently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts