BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to buy a used 07 K1200GT with the factory xenon light, but can't find one in the north Georgia area. I am willing to travel several hours if needed and have cash.

I have read many others have put in aftermarket HID lights in the headlight. I know that the Xenon headlight unit itself is made different on the factory equipped bikes versus the regular headlight.
My question is; does the aftermarket xenon have the same lighting pattern as the factory xenon when installed in the regular housing?
Will the aftermarket light burn or melt or discolor the plastic housing or reflector unit?

I may have to buy a 07 GT and add it myself.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
I think the differences between the Xenon and Halogen headlight assemblies has more to do with the mounting of the ballast and igniter than the shape of the housing or projected beam.

I like using quality factory parts, but at $765 for the factory hid parts or $89.99 for a quality HID upgrade kit I'd say the choice is pretty easy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ran for over 3 hours in a downpour friday morning. Bikes in front of me said they could see me long ways back, more so than the other bikes. This thing is bright, very happy with the HID kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts