BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of us with washer and dryer machine's in your garage and have other people (family members) use them keep an eye on the already smooth ass surface of your garage floor for dryer sheet's as i stepped on one backing my bike out of the garage and almost laid the gt down ,thankfully i am as agile as a cat and reflex's saved my ass but would of felt pretty stupid not even getting out of my garage and laying it down ,thought i would pass this info on :dunno:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Stepping on them, how do I know that? :yeow: ....No dryer in the shop but quite a few sheets, keeps the mice out, they don't like them much. :)

Has to be the scented ones! :)

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Another source of a similar danger are those wax sprays - Plexus for your windscreen, ProtectAll, that BMW Motorcycle Detailer stuff, etc. The overspray can create a slippery film on the concrete floor of your garage - very very slippery. The kind where your foot slides out if you try to plant it, or one of the tires on your motorcycle slips.

I always move my bike to the grass or some other place where I won't walk or ride over that surface before using those spray-on products.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XMagnaRider said:
Another source of a similar danger are those wax sprays - Plexus for your windscreen, ProtectAll, that BMW Motorcycle Detailer stuff, etc. The overspray can create a slippery film on the concrete floor of your garage - very very slippery. The kind where your foot slides out if you try to plant it, or one of the tires on your motorcycle slips.

I always move my bike to the grass or some other place where I won't walk or ride over that surface before using those spray-on products.
seems these little 2cent issue's end up saving thousand's in repair's

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
:rotf:
Papilio said:
Still thinking about this....What do you keep in your laundry, the air compressor and hydraulic jack?
:rotf: :rotf: :clap: :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
years ago, I was fully geared up and ready to commute to work, lite went out in the garage so I'm slowly walking in the dark toward the door...

oh yeah, an early morning challenge, garden hose on the floor in the pitch dark alert!

legs all tied up, man I dropped like a rock and banged up...all my gear!! :spank1:

I was SOOOO glad I had my helmet on when I bounced, you'd probably still be spoon feeding me, doh! :wtf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts