1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pranksters shrink-wrap roadway for third time in a week March 17, 2009

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

The London Free Press

NORTH DUMFRIES — For the third time in a week, pranksters stretched industrial-strength shrink wrap across a southern Ontario roadway.

Around 9 p.m. Monday, someone struck a road in North Dumfries, southeast of Kitchener, wrapping the plastic between two telephone poles.

Police say the prank is a danger to motorists, since the wrap has been placed at windshield level.

So far, no accidents or injuries have been reported as a result of any of the incidents.

Police say two pickup trucks were seen leaving the scene on Monday night.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yikes, that is around where my brother lives! But I'm sure his RT would plow right through not missing a beat. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow

I think the worst part about that would be the plastic melting to your bike. on one windy day a trash bag wrapped around my exhust. The melted bag was a royal pain to clean off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Years ago I was riding my Sportster and at the last minute saw a cable stretched across the road. I ducked and my girlfriend ducked with me, the cable ran down our backs.( no helmets) We stopped and someone had wrapped a small cable at neck level across the street between two traffic signs. We took it down and didn't see anyone around. This was a street in town with fair traffic. At speed it would of taken our heads off.

Didn't mean to highjack the tread, new here. This just brought back memorys.

Mick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts