BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Welcome to CANADA

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Silvano 
#1 ·
Today got the rack back from getting coated ,need the rack to carry my camera bag , bag takes to much room in the 49liter, what do you think,now next I need to figure out how to bring my puppy with me , if this happens I 'm never cooming home

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great. What brand of rack is it?

One caution - do not overload it. The large, flat top of the 49L case flexes quite easily, and will eventually form spider cracks around the mounting holes. Trust me on this one. :(

#3 · (Edited)
Meese said:
Looks great. What brand of rack is it?

One caution - do not overload it. The large, flat top of the 49L case flexes quite easily, and will eventually form spider cracks around the mounting holes. Trust me on this one. :(
thanks for the info, just need for my camera and lenes why do you think it does this , would bigger washers in the inside help, the rack I think is from honda whachum you call it

#4 ·
It's not the inside that matters, as all the force is downwards. I put larger washers and flat rubber pads on the topside of my trunk which helped, but there is a limit.

What does your camera bag weigh?

As you can see below, I seriously overloaded mine. Then later I noticed the cracking. I think it's light cracks on the painted surface only and not on the inside shell, but still I thought it best to mention that possibility.

#6 ·
Meese said:
It's not the inside that matters, as all the force is downwards. I put larger washers and flat rubber pads on the topside of my trunk which helped, but there is a limit.

What does your camera bag weigh?

As you can see below, I seriously overloaded mine. Then later I noticed the cracking. I think it's light cracks on the painted surface only and not on the inside shell, but still I thought it best to mention that possibility.

I'm not sure I just ordered it the dowco roll bag small, 14x 8x6 so I think it can't be that heavy. not quite as big as that . I would figure it was the paint that was cranking.in that case if it does , will try to source out a paint that that will except some kind off pressure
Oh I if you look I did install big washers and rubber on the top part of the case, now you got me thinking if I hope I didn't tighten them too much.

#7 ·
Thewaynorth said:
You gys get that off your BBQ. Why's your lawn dead?
you sound like my wife, that happened last year the sprinkler got screwed up some how , now i got to get all replaced, not nice,I think it's going to happen some time next week. then I can get some peace and Quiet again. You guy's are mean on this site [ ha ha ]

#8 ·
Thewaynorth said:
You gys get that off your BBQ. Why's your lawn dead?
I'm not sure I just ordered it the dowco roll bag small, 14x 8x6 so I think it can't be that heavy. not quite as big as that . I would figure it was the paint that was cranking.in that case if it does , will try to source out a paint that that will except some kind off pressure
Oh I if you look I did install big washers and rubber on the top part of the case, now you got me thinking if I hope I didn't tighten them too much.

#9 ·
Silvano said:
Today got the rack back from getting coated ,need the rack to carry my camera bag , bag takes to much room in the 49liter, what do you think,now next I need to figure out how to bring my puppy with me , if this happens I 'm never cooming home
Looks like puppy will fit in 49l top case!! :teeth

#10 ·
cwferris said:
Looks like puppy will fit in 49l top case!! :teeth
Couple of air holes and he'll be good to go! :thumb:

#13 ·
Meese said:
Do a Google search for motorcycle dog carrier and you'll get a few hits. :)

Dude....this is just so wrong in so many ways.....a side car maybe but a cage or basket? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.