BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
Go to "Member Info", then "Member List", then "Search Members", then "Advanced Search" and type in "AUS" in the country field. I don't know if he rides an S or not, but I found biff. There is one other from West AUS, can you find him? ;)
Of course this only works when people fill out their profile information. Hint, hint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep , I'm out there. Got the first "BumbleBee" in Western Australia.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TSandler said:
Yep , I'm out there. Got the first "BumbleBee" in Western Australia.
G'day TSandler. It's good to know of other KS riders in WA. I know that there have been at least 8 sold this year but I have never seen anyone riding one on the street, except once when I saw a pair of Bumblebee and Blue/Yellow riding past Applecross. I did agonise for weeks on whether to get the bumblebee or the Silver colour but ended up choosing Silver. How's your going? Any problem so far? My only problems were (1) The dealer was not too friendly/helpful - I would have gone elsewhere had there been a second BMW dealer in Perth (2) the rear light blow 10 km after I took delivery. Otherwise I am pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Tatran,

I agree with you that the dealer leaves a lot to be desired, particularly if you have already bought the bike. The salesmen are also not very knowledgable. The service manager is very helpful, and a real pleasure.
I had one problem - the bike started running on 3 cylinders intermitantly. Cause was a faulty coil, which was replaced, along with the spark plugs, just in case. That solved the problem.

Otherwise - no problems at all. It is the best bike I have ever owned, and I've had 23 bikes. Also own a Harley V-Rod for cruising.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes I agree. The sales guy had a blank look on his face when I commented that the KS can do clutchless upshift smoothly compared to the RT after my test ride. The salesmen were very inflexible once I signed the sales contract. They pushed me to take delivery of the bike even though not all components had arrived yet. One day they told me it is ready to pick up and paid for, and when I brought the money to the dealer and signed the paper, I found that the panniers have not arrived, the owners manual was missing...
As for the KS, it is not 100% perfect but it is the best of any bike I had owned- but then I have owned only three bikes to date :) Actually it is better than any bike I had ridden or test rode - European, American and Japanese. In my perfect world, I'd like to also have a cruiser like the Harley Dyna Super Glide for cafe cruising, plus a light weight sportbike like a Daytona 650 or Kawasaki ZX6R for track day duties, plus a light-weight naked bike like Monster 620 or Moto Guzzi Breva 750 for around town. But since I live in the real world and can only afford to keep one, the KS has all the ideal features I look for within one package and is an excellent all-rounder :) What I need now is one power ball ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts