BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where's the battery in this machine anyway ?

I'm pretty jazzed, recently with a lot of help from Pirates Lair (Thanks Jerry ! ) ,and the good folks here on this site I got my Z -Technic windscreen on , the Piaa headlights, the Brake ! rear light, and the Stebel ( sp ? ) 136 db horn . All but the headlight bulbs from Jerry.
I've been riding 30 years, and on a dirt bike 2 or 4 stroke I've done it all - tear downs to split cases and back together, suspension internals, you name it.
However, this bike has been a little intimidating because it's SO different than an off-road or a japanese street bike, way different. This is not a bitch session , I LIKE how different it is , it's just made me a little nervous about diving in , though it's sure been fun so far with all this help.
I have a shop manual, and loaned it to a trusted friend for the weekend, and I can't get him on the phone .The problem is that my battery needs charged and oops- :confused: I don't know where it is !
I know,I know, I already should have checked it out. I let it run down, all proud of myself installing this stuff, using it in the garage with the motor off during all this snow, making engine noises.
I've got a great charger, but if anyone could please let me know where the sucker lives I'd appreciate it. Doug

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, I knew that .
Why in the world did I think that I'd heard or read it was in some unusual place ?
A senior moment to be sure .
Thanks Chuck ! Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts