BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

what do you do with your gear?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fastjohnny 
#1 ·
When you go into stores, eat lunch,etc. I lock mine up on the bike with a bicycle cable lock, or take it with me. If I had lockable bags I would use them. As easy as my tank bag comes off I lock it to the bike too. At night in a motel it all comes off and goes inside the room.

#2 ·
gear... drag it around

I usually keep my gear on... it's a pain and a waste of time to take it all off and put it back on. The inconvenience of dragging it all around does not outway this fact. Plus it helps limit the amount of stuff I can purchase. Hence, my motorcycle habit is saving me money.

Plus dragging my gear around keeps me from worrying if some crackhead is messing with my stuff.

ONON-
Mark

#3 ·
...plus wearing your gear around is a good conversation piece and/or freaks people out like you just farted. Only item I don't bring with me is my helmet, which I lock up in my givi top case because my nolan does not have a d-ring to lock to any helment locks (besides a chain type).

#4 ·
ever been stopped going int o a store and asked to leave your gear at the door or counter? Doesnt happen often but it has. I understand the kids wearing a backpack and stuffing it full goods but an old guy with a tank bag?. I have seen some stores with signs " no back packs allowed" I guess to avoid profiling it has to apply to all?I have carried my gear too. Tank bag, and soft saddle bags, jacket. A real pain but it is the safest. I keep thinking at that point how nice the system cases would be.

#7 ·
I am not one of those "rider rights" zealots, that said...It has not happen to me, but I would just leave if they asked/mentioned it. I am not one to fight the fight, instead take my dollar elsewhere. AFAIK, most in municipalities/townships will have a law against wearing a helmet inside a business/gov building. Otherwise, it's like anything else, up to the business/owner to decide...aka no shirt, no shoes, no service (or dice :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.