BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Need a little info on the make model and year of bike. And where on the bike are we looking at. Looks like a K12R?

The GPS plug is on that side but looks a little more square.

Can you take a clearer picture of the plug?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Is there a single pin on the inside of that? Hard to tell by the pic? Where do the wires lead? Did the previous owner say anything about things he/she had put on, but didn't sell?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes there is a single pin in it.... well it's on the right side of the bike and it comes out just under the K1200R marking.
I got the Bike from a Car dealer that had the bike as a part exchange....I had alook on the net and someone mentioned that it could have something to do with an intercom system? not sure...

·
Registered
288 Posts
radio antenna, from a waterproof radio leed
What's the other end goto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help! I am not sure I just got the bike yesterday and noticed that plug this evening... so do you think it's for an intercom? Love this bike but I am a bit lost at the moment has the user manual is in german!!! one other question is unleded 95 OK for this bike?

·
Registered
969 Posts
The bike should have premium gas. I usually only use Chevron or Shell. It may help to have your location on your profile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am from the UK,
Yes I am not sure as on the tank it states unleaded 95 but on a few forums it talks about super unleaded 98....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just had a look on the web and found this message but I am not too sure..
Fuel Type
Unleaded premium, octane number 98 (RON), automatic knock control permits operation with minimum octane number 95 (RON).

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Looks to be someone's bastardized 12 volt power plug for something either from or to the bike.

Why don't you unplug the thing from the connectors and probe them with a meter and see if you get 12 volts out of them? If you do, you know the guy either powered something off it (heated clothing maybe if it is a coaxial jack?) or used it as a quick-connect to a battery charger (more likely).

If you don't get 12 volts (switched on or off), it could be some sort of audio hookup, but I doubt it. The other end would go to some sort of audio thing like an Autocom which I doubt it does.

Mack

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Yeah, that for sure is not a stock connector. I have the same bike and have been through my wiring harness a hundred times.

Most likely as mentioned above it's a power plug for an accessory. Check to see if it's connected directly to the battery. Maybe heated clotching?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts