BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that removes the horn....can you really call this a horn?

I'm finally going to change out the stock horn with a fiamm???/Or???? The screw head to remove the mount is facing the inside of the fairing and the room in there is tight. I'd rather not remove the plastic....can this be done? probably so, and someone here will most likely advise the best way to do so.

Or, should I remove the screw behind the horn unit itself? A little more room, but not sure if the replacement will be compatible.

TIA, Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
flyboy said:
that removes the horn....can you really call this a horn?

> I'd rather not remove the plastic....can this be done?

> Or, should I remove the screw behind the horn unit itself?

TIA, Paul

- Its been a few weeks since I did mine, but, its an allen > pretty sure it was 5mm that holds the bracket. The horn to bracket is a bolt stud from the horn and nut to hold.

- Do yourself a huge favor and take off the tupperware and get it out of the way. Dont whine, just do it. I had to fiddle with my custom bracket some (read: BFH adjustments) and being able to just hold the horn/bracket etc and eyeball the thing without all the plastic in the way made it very easy.

- beep beep

- ebill

·
Registered
504 Posts
…but, its an allen > pretty sure it was 5mm that holds the bracket.
On my '02 AND on it's replacement (an '04), it's 6 mm thread using a 5 mm wrench to remove.

Do yourself a huge favor and take off the tupperware and get it out of the way.
I concur, even tho the BMW parts image (shown below) lists it as a FILLISTER head bolt ! ! ! ! Of course, the majority of the Parts Diagram doesn't match what's mounted on MY…… K12's. YMMV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts