BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
What radar mount/flat plate for a V1 do you recommend? I am going to use the RAM 9mm ball and RAM short arm but which plate to hold the detector itself? Obviously the detector will not be permanently mounted.
Thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, but I don't want any stickum on my V1. I will still use the V1 in my truck and don't want to mess that window suction cup holder. Looking for a strap type holder. Seen them but not specifically saying they fit a V1.

·
Registered
351 Posts
V1 radar mount, another option....

Deerhead said:
Thanks for the help, but I don't want any stickum on my V1. I will still use the V1 in my truck and don't want to mess that window suction cup holder. Looking for a strap type holder. Seen them but not specifically saying they fit a V1.
Don't know why you're committed to RAM mount, did you consider alternative from Pirate? Looks like a nice way to get the V1 where you can easily see it and not have to worry about messing up windshield. More information available at: http://piratesk12site.net/Avant.htm

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just don't like the idea of a bar in front of me! I have a 2610 mounted using the RAM 9mm head and hole flange, mounted to the handlebar bolt with an extra long bolt and spacers and it is snuggled low next to the tank and I have a clear field of vision to all gauges. Have that mounted on the left side and intend to mount the V1 similarly on the right, unless anyone knows of any problems.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Radar mount......

Recently at a dealership "tech day" a guy showed up with an '04 K12RS that had a distinctive mount. It was a simple piece of aluminum (black) shelf type thing, that connected to the two upper arm supports for the windscreen. It was approx. 1' across, and had a 4" rectangle dead center for radar unit. He did not remember where he got it, does anybody have a clue???.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
RedHawK12GT said:
Recently at a dealership "tech day" a guy showed up with an '04 K12RS that had a distinctive mount. It was a simple piece of aluminum (black) shelf type thing, that connected to the two upper arm supports for the windscreen. It was approx. 1' across, and had a 4" rectangle dead center for radar unit. He did not remember where he got it, does anybody have a clue???.
Pirate to the rescue. Avant Guard Radar mount is what I believe you were looking at.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In your opinion did this block any gauges, etc?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tint in windscreen/windshield...

MassGT said:
Has anyone heard that a tinted shield will affect a radar detector??
Yes, it will. Radar detectors if installed in a car/truck, the top part of the windsheild where the "sunstrip" (heavily tinted area) is, affects them considerably. Meaning, they do not work as well, or at all. I have read several reports that the higher the mounting on a windsheild area the better, but not behind these "strips". I am assuming that it is really bad to be able to pick up "Lidar" (laser type radar) too. Some cars, such as higher end Fords, and some ? Lexus's I have seen have a "metalicized" windsheild, sorta like a an
"iridium" type (mirrored) face sheild for a helmet, that actually blocks the signal being sent to the detector making them useless.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was thinking the short Z tech shield while using pirate's avant set up. If I go with the short tinted shield will I have to go with a ram mount?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts