BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in finding out what others pack for roadside emergencies so I can round out my pack. If this has been posted previously I'm happy to read old posts, but my poor searching skills came up empty.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Emg. Kit

The two items I have started to carry on overnight trips are a tire repair kit complete with a 12v air pump, and a jumper battery kit. You can buy a small lithium-ion battery kit with jumper cables that will start your bike if its battery dies on a cold morning. Both items are pretty small, and don't weigh anything, so I try to pack them on trips longer than a day or two. Every time I've every had a battery die on a bike, it's always on a Sunday in the middle of nowhere!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tire repair kit. Next would be Swiss army knife, flashlight, rag, roll of electrical tape, zip ties, solar/emergency blanket, paracord, matches. Way to charge my phone. On chain drive bikes carry a quick link. All my bikes have ChicoBag or something similar. In CA even convenience stores will expect you to have a grocery bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts