BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Whats your Top Speed?

13K views 58 replies 47 participants last post by  chuckwilmot 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Not to consider this as rev-head but just want to see what other RS riders got upto.

Just before my 02 K12RS (3 stripes) reach 60k mark I nailed the beast to see how far I got up to on the dial while at the same time, teasing the Yamaha R1 on a big long stretch. ( I left R1 behind quite easily ). Mind you this is not on the air strip but on a main highway and had to avoid obsitcles (tin-top) and I got up to 250K and run out of road and tin-top car infront of me changed lane and had to let my ABS busy... If I were given clear stretch, I would have got up to abit more.

Cheers,
Theticus

http://bmwmcq.asn.au/

#52 ·
Does this mean you're going to make the trip out west to THCR???

Must see Bear ride the Texas Holy Trinity (the Texas 3's - HW 337, 336, and 335). Must videotape multiple high speed flybys. Must see the naysayers eat their words.

#56 ·
NO NO NO, that road simply won't do, CABNFVR! I don't wish 'my' K with another rider to be airborne at THAT speed for the length between each of the crests in the road!! lol

Not to say that K doesn't handle airborne feats well, with much grace, but THAT distance would be a little nerve racking..

;)

Ps. Tim, I understand about the liability factor so I wouldn't hardly consider you a shameless person. :D

#57 ·
Bear said:
NO NO NO, that road simply won't do, CABNFVR! I don't wish 'my' K with another rider to be airborne at THAT speed for the length between each of the crests in the road!! lol

Not to say that K doesn't handle airborne feats well, with much grace, but THAT distance would be a little nerve racking..

;)

Ps. Tim, I understand about the liability factor so I wouldn't hardly consider you a shameless person. :D
Yeah, you should come out to the Texas Hill Country Rally. It is a hoot. Great roads, great people and good times.

#58 ·
My 04 with Remus exhaust will do 160MPH with the lugage bags on. It pulls strong to about 145.
Without the bags it will pull strong all the way to the rev limiter 160 MPH. At 160 I don't try to look at the speedo, so about 160.

My 02 with stock exhaust could only do 155 MPH with bags on.

You need at lot of realestate and empty road for this kind of speed.
Bazra
aka; The Flash

#59 ·
I'm a pu$$y

120 is as fast as I've ever been on the K. That was with the "comfort" windscreen, System Cases and the soft bag on the rack. Obviously, there was a lot left. Up to 100mph I'm pretty comfortable and I don't feel much differently than if when the speedo says 65mph. But after 100, the sensation of speed seems to build at a faster rate for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.