BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
As with most internet forums, we occasionally get spam posts trying to sell you something, or trick you into opening a suspicious link. And yes, it often comes in waves.

The Admins and Mods try to keep up on such things, but can't monitor every post on every forum.

Fortunately, there's an easy way that y'all can help here.

Every post has a Report Bad Post link in the upper right corner, just next to the post number. It looks like a triangle sign with an exclamation point, pretty much just like the warning light on your Beemer's dash. :bmw:

Click on that icon to mark the post as spam, and the Mods will get an email so that someone can jump in and delete the post and ban that user.

It's pretty easy, and it helps to eliminate such things quickly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The spam is definitely annoying. I like this little quiet corner of the Internet. Not so many posts that you can't keep up. Knowledgable and helpful folks. My kind of group.

Just looking at their subject lines often gives away the fact that they don't have a clue of where they are posting to. :spank1: then :hanged: Them.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
voxmagna said:
As I'm on a different timezone and the email spam alerts hit me before you guys & gals wake up. No second chance for spammers posting their dirt and free advertising. Killed 2 this morning. :boom: VOX
Thanks for your great work. I found a few more and marked them for you, with some hints. I hope they help.

I am a long-time resident on k-bikes.com and I hate to see it get drowned in spam.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
I just killed off some more. I will keep killing them until somebody tells me to be kind. But this is no long term solution for the site. I've put some Ideas on the Mods forum for discussion.

Selling links are annoying and frustrating, but I'm more worried about links to sexual content causing offense to Members and attracting the wrong kind of attention. That might sound strange to some on a biker Forum, but we are now living in an equality world.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts