BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I need to fit a single pole switch somewhere to separately control additional front lights via a relay. Preferably somewhere easy & comfortable to reach whilst riding.

I didn't think this would be a big problem, but there's hardly any space on the stock bars. What do you guys do to fit an extra switchable light? are you using small switches, what type and where do you put them? I'm only contemplating one switch and want to avoid fitting a panel in the cockpit area. There are no unused BMW switches. I don't think using the nice & handy kill switch is a good idea! Thanks

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Autoswitch

On my bike I could not decide where I wanted to put another switch and indicator light, so I bought a device called the autoswitch. It uses the turn signal cancel button to turn on and turn off the aux lights. It was very easy to wire into the system. I have never had an issue with it and it kept the look of the bike from getting cluttered. I bought it at cyclegadgets.

Howard

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok, go out and sit on the bike.

Now, lean way forward and look for the front fairing support piece located down below the instrument cluster. there are three large holes that can be used for mounting switches. almost totally out of sight. And you can still see an indicator light if you lean forward. :rolleyes:

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all so far. I'd always considered the plate with 3 holes for switch panel controls or power outlet I might not use much when riding, but since I raised my bars and sit more upright, that area's not so comfy to get to now.

I had a good look at the stock bar 'stubbs' and it may be possible to fit something small and weatherproof there, but the turn cancel auto switch looks good. If I can't source one in UK at that reasonable price, I can make one with a 555 timer.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Autoswitch

I also recommend the autoswitch. Totally transparent installation...

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fitting autoswitch

Furhter to this - wondered if anyone has fitted an Autoswitch to an early K1200RS. Thought I had followed all instructions to the letter but not working. Had some difficulty identifying wires in the control box and may have cocked up! Can anyone confirm wiring connections for red and orange autoswitch wires?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lighting switch

Thru the turn signal cancel is great. No extra buttons or switches to add to the already plentiful array. No problems with mine.

:tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts