Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Diplomacy Please

You might want to be a bit more diplomatic the next time (and less US centric) and not spread the US out over six regions and the rest of the world over three - the motorcycle world is a bit more diverse :)

But I do agree, it is interesting to see where everyone comes from.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just assumed since it's a U.S. based web site, that the majority of the members would be from the U.S. ...we'll see!;)

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
You might also check out our member map.

http://www.frappr.com/kbikes

To see outside the US, you can zoom out to a world view. Not all pushpins are visable until you zoom in on a particular location.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
hdf said:
You might want to be a bit more diplomatic the next time (and less US centric) and not spread the US out over six regions and the rest of the world over three - the motorcycle world is a bit more diverse :)

But I do agree, it is interesting to see where everyone comes from.
Dont do it guys. He is really from the Taxation Department

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Sportrider,

Sorry if I came across a bit cranky with my post, I get that way sometimes when I haven't had my riding fix (haven't ridden in two weeks).

It was just a quick reminder that the world is a big place, no offense intended.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Australia too

Ahem, I'd agree with HDF that the world is a big place. I'd like to see Australia in the list too, after all we are the biggest island in the world, have one of the best weather for motorcycling, a major market for powerful motorcycles, not to mention the source of many race champions :) Excuse me for blowing my own horn, but Australia Day is coming up on 26th Jan so feeling a bit patriotic here ;-)
P.S. Actually we are grouped geographically as Oceania, which includes our Kiwi friends and a number of island countries in the region.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
tatran said:
Ahem, I'd agree with HDF that the world is a big place. I'd like to see Australia in the list too, after all we are the biggest island in the world, have one of the best weather for motorcycling, a major market for powerful motorcycles, not to mention the source of many race champions :) Excuse me for blowing my own horn, but Australia Day is coming up on 26th Jan so feeling a bit patriotic here ;-)
P.S. Actually we are grouped geographically as Oceania, which includes our Kiwi friends and a number of island countries in the region.

You would be suprised how many in the US have never heard of this place and think it is Austria.

·
Registered
107 Posts
chrispat said:
Yea, those Australian Alps sure are something. :)
Certainly are, what with all those kangaroos hopping up and down the mountains and crocodiles swimming in those frozen lakes ;-)
Joking aside, I do have relatives living in Washington who actually think that there are kangaroos and crocodiles roaming my back yard, and that we normally dress like Steve Irwin :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
you forgot to mention the wombats and Koala 'bears' :) Seriously I suspect there plenty of people who view this site from places other than the US although clearly the forum has a US based focus. But given we are all bike enthusists everyone should be encouraged to participate, the more diverse views we get, the more knowledge we are likely to attain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From PT

I'm originally from Argentina, but living in Portugal (Europe) since 2001 :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It just goes to show, you can't please all the people all of the time.

I'm not re-doing the poll, but next time I'll put a little more thought into the poll before releasing it, or I'll just skip the polls all together, since I've single-handedly managed to piss off Michelin Tire fans and our Non-U.S. ridin' buddies.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
"I've single-handedly managed to piss off Michelin Tire fans and our Non-U.S. ridin' buddies."

You should be proud, that's more than most people accomplish in a week.

Seriously, I don't think anyone is pissed off, just a bit of ribbing.

As for Australia, aside from those wonderful Alps, I hear they`re celebrating the 250th birthday of Mozart (who I understand had a very talented kangaroo that passed around with the hat to collect change whenever Amadeus was doing his street gigs).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree that no one is pissed off (even though I do have Pilot Powers & I am Australian) :) . Forget about celebrating Mozarts birthday...Its our national holiday today (26th) and its to bloody hot to do anything (40c) with bush fires out of control all the place here in Victoria

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm - including mine I count 6 posts in this thread from the U.S. and 12 (including mine) from elsewhere - I'm with HDF on this one :-/

@ sportrider - I'm certainly not pissed off and I don't get the feeling anyone else in the thread is either.

@ HDF - 'ribbing' is our national pastime here ;)

FWIW I'm unwilling to to say I come from 'Other'

Regards to all,

Steve

·
Registered
395 Posts
denisl said:
I agree that no one is pissed off (even though I do have Pilot Powers & I am Australian) :) .
Well then with both Pilot Powers and being Australian, your in a small enough minority that you dont matter, so who cares if your pissed ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts