BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard from Pep (sometimes known as George Pepper)? It's been ages since he has disrupted the community and I miss his wild stories of Lazarus and Leviathan and his habit of straifing sport bikes with his LT.

I know he does work with FEMA, so this year might just have him chasing his tail and no time for motorcycles.

·
no power in the 'verse can stop me
1,126 Posts
Last I heard from Geo, he's no longer with FEMA. Seems he may be teaching or some damned thing.

I'll see if I can hunt him up for ya.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Missing In Action

I e-mailed him just to see if he was still alive and got no response... Last time I spoke with him he was burnt out with the FEMA gig...THat was at least a year ago.. With him.. there's no telling..

eljeffe said:
Has anyone heard from Pep (sometimes known as George Pepper)? It's been ages since he has disrupted the community and I miss his wild stories of Lazarus and Leviathan and his habit of straifing sport bikes with his LT.

I know he does work with FEMA, so this year might just have him chasing his tail and no time for motorcycles.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last time I talked to him, he had left FEMA, but was contracting back to FEMA as an independent (more money, more career control, less responsibility and accountability). He had moved to Alpine, TX, bought a truck (Pep and 4 wheels - simply amazing), and was in love. Then he disappeared off the map. I haven't even seen him at AdvRider.

·
Registered
686 Posts
He was banned from advider a year or 2 back. Some people see no humor in
death threats against elected officials apparently, even liberals at that.

I coulda sworn he posted on ibmwr a few months ago. Last I heard he was teaching
music at the local college in Alpine. Never met him but always enjoyed his posts.
The one where he got pulled over when the LEO thought he had stormed the border
on his LT was a classic pep tale.

best,

·
Registered
910 Posts
Interesting Pep's whereabouts came up. Way back last March, this was Pep's swan song on the previous forum, never to be heard from again.

Guess he didn't like the new series of BMW "K" motorcycles. <g>.

Personally, I do miss Pep and, it seems, the K-bike forums are the one last refuge from which he wasn't out-and-out banned. He tends to liven things up and needless to say he tends to write posts you "tend" to remember.

One thing about Pep; while his posts could be bombastic and inflamatory, I don't really remember him ever attacking anyone personally. Once he stated his "viewpoints", others would take exception and he took quite abit of abuse himself.

He also self-described himself as "bi-polar"; what this seemed to mean is that one day he could vehemntly arguing one position on just about any topic and then return another day to argue the other side equally as emphatically.

And, although, I never personally met Pep; many others described him as a true gentleman in person.

Miles

<<Print Thread
Pep
(Senior member)
05/03/05 12:00 AM
Message No.: 99092
New "Ugliest BMW EVER!"?

IMO BMW's motorcycle design hit a serious "flat spot" with the K1200S. I wanted one, I wanted one, I wanted one... until I actually SAW one, that is. Sorry, but to my eyes it looks like a conflagration of contradictory cues and the wreckage of a sharp angle multiple collision pile-up. I don't CARE if it's the best handling bike on earth if it LOOKS like the smoldering remains of a designer's bad acid trip and come-down crash followed by his super-vivid night terrors. I really and truely HATE the way the K1200S looks. But this... THIS!!! Holy Mother of GAWD! I cannot think of one motorcycle in BMW's 75+ year history that is uglier. I get nauseous just looking at PHOTOS of the... the... THING. Hope nobody is stupid enough to actually, you know, spend any MONEY on one. Jezus H. Rodriguez. The spy shots of the K1200GT don't look any more promising either. Another dog-ass ugly bike waiting in the wings. Whatever happened to the graceful sexy curves of the ORIGINAL K1200RS? Hell, even my K1200LT is prettier than this new crop and it's a frickin' BARGE. In fact, My old '94 R1100RS gets bettrer looking with every new BMW released! Which of the suck-ass bitch brothers are penning designs for BMW now, anyway? Sheesh.

'94 R1100RS-A Frankenbike "Lazarus"
'00 K1200LT-C Chopper "Leviathan"
'03 Dodge RAM 1500 QC 4x4 "Jeremiah"

Post Extras>>

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
I know where PEP is

He is in TX teaching music and playing out at local clubs bars and the college scene. I believe he has not ridden in over a year and his bikes are at BW's house in VA. I have his cell number and I do call him about once a qtr. He has Doctorate in Music and that was his first love besides kitty. So he went back to his music roots and gave up on BMW's for awhile......maybe I will call him and wish him a Merry Xmas and all that Holiday shit

Later............

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
MOTOR said:
maybe I will call him and wish him a Merry Xmas...........
Motor, invite Pep to the Starlight Theater Tuesday, April 11th, 2006. Noonish. And bring yourself and Tokico Boy down. It's only a couple of days ride for you, and an hour for Pep. Several of us are staying at the Ramada Limited in Alpine for a Pre THCR - Alpine, Tx - Apr 9-12, then going to Kerrville, Texas for the Texas Hill Country Roundup, Apr 12-15, 2006. Texas is beautiful in April, and the roads are sooooo much fun.

Miles - re: Ugly. Ever seen Pep's truck? She's not a pretty child. ;) But I bet she can cook.

·
There's a pill for everything
829 Posts
Swartz Creek???

Next time I get to Swartz Creek, I'll arrange that Blue Label I owe you...will Ann Arbor work?

Hell Between Flint and Bay City my whole life haas been there this year, Flint 1.5 million and Bay City 500K That is what they are worth to me in sales and I have both accounts to work.......Man how the heck do you know about Swartz Creek?
A Square is even better more places to eat.

TX in April?

Man that is a long haul on a bike
I will consider it though tough getting time off then

·
Registered
910 Posts
CABNFVR [color=#0000ff said:
Miles - re: Ugly. Ever seen Pep's truck? She's not a pretty child. ;) But I bet she can cook.
[/color]

Actually no, but at one point when Pep and Dr. Curve were taking on everybody over on Pelican on the virtues of the yet unreleased K-S, Pep was debating whether to go for the motorcycle or trade his (apparently big) truck on an even larger truck with a huge turbo diesel.

Our friendships on these forums do go back and its fun to see Motor keeps a line open to Pep. He really is talented and I'll bet a terrific musician.

By the way, Dr. Curve apparently shares one distinct trait with Pep; he was recently banned from the Pelican forums according to one long thread. Oddly, nobody could seem to figure out why!

Miles

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
MOTOR said:
razel said:
Next time I get to Swartz Creek, I'll arrange that Blue Label I owe you...will Ann Arbor work?
Hell Between Flint and Bay City my whole life haas been there this year, Flint 1.5 million and Bay City 500K That is what they are worth to me in sales and I have both accounts to work.......Man how the heck do you know about Swartz Creek?
Well, I should have said Duffield, but that's harder to find on the map. Clio, Mt. Morris, Vernon, Flushing, Gran Blanc...cousins, aunts, or uncles in one of those places.
Motor said:
A Square is even better more places to eat.
Have to check that place out. Probably out of the farm country, though, eh?

Motor said:
TX in April?

Man that is a long haul on a bike
I will consider it though tough getting time off then
Unfortunately, it's iffy for me as well. Start-ups hold such promise, but I understand that only 10% end up being successful.

Texas if at all possible, though.

Long haul??? 5k roundtrip from San Jose, just barely got warmed up back in April. 3100 from Flint, in case you're asking. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts