BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Which color next-gen K1200GT are you getting?

• Dark Blue Metallic

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Crystal Gray Metallic

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Dark Graphite Metallic

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • I'll have mine custom painted

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I'm waiting to see what colors come in 2007

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Color doesn't matter

Votes: 3 2.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I orderd a new BMW K1200GT and it will be deliverd around end May/July. I choose for the blue one butt i want to see them in real first. My dealer said that i can change the color one mounth before delivery.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Fireman,

Just visit the open door weekend at your dealer on 25 & 26-Mar-06 and the K12GT will be on display! With a bit of planning you can see all 3 available colors at a few dealers.

I saw the blue and dark grey in Brussels, wanted to order the blue first, but when I saw it in real, immediately changed for the dark grey.

Delivery April 06.

Rgds

Luc

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
In order of preference:

Deep Blue Metallic (the one I have ordered)
Crystal Grey Metallic (everyone tells me this is the best color in person, but looks simply white in pictures)
Dark Graphite Metallic (for those people who think the only color for a motorcycle is black)

·
Registered
447 Posts
You ordered a new one??? Good for you! When do you get it?

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Deb,

It should be in sometime in May (probably later rather than sooner). I'm #1 on a list of 7 pre-orders. It all depends when the first Blue one comes in.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
For those of you who wanted a custom color, or are waiting for the 2007 colors, please let us know what color you want.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I were to buy one I would get it in Crystal Grey Metallic. My favorite color of past BMW bikes has been my ivory cruiser. I just like the color. Combine it with brown seating surfaces and I would be fine with the GT.

As it stands now I will wait a few years and pick up one used, there are already quite a few used R12RTs available and I figure GTs will go the same route. I just can't bring myself to buy a new BMW. The depreciation is too steep. When I bought my 2003 K1200RS last year it had 2000 miles, PIAA lights, and city bags. I got it for 12K. When I sold the RT (1150) before then it was less than 2 years old and lost a third of its value as well. Only all the accesories I had brought its value back up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts