BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I put 10 K miles on my new to me wonderful K1200S loving every minute of it 馃榾. can鈥檛 imagine getting rid of it.
I鈥檓 looking for a K1300S and I want this one to be a more desirable collector bike. What does the BMW K bike tribe say is the best ... or rarest or most desirable K1300S year or variant to find ?

Registered
I don't know if there is one more desirable. Could be the Motorsport or Anniversary editions. My thinking is to buy the newest K1300S you can with the lowest mileage and good service records.

Surprisingly there still seems to be some very nice 2015-2016 examples out there from time to time.

Registered
I was in the same position you are. I loved my K12S so much I wanted a 'keep forever' version. I found this 2013 "30 Years" K13S with 6800 miles. I added the Sargent seat and some LED lights. Now it's my sunny day bike and couldn't be happier.

I agree with the post above about finding the newest, nicest bike you can find. I actually like this paint job better than the motorsports version but do miss the forged wheels available on the motorsports version. Budget is also a consideration. Clean low millage motorsports versions from 2015-2106 are going for $12K to as much as $15K. I found mine for $9K and put about $1K into maintenance and upgrades. Sourced the seat from my K12S.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much guys, newest best more evolved it鈥檚 always great advice. I really like the process I鈥檝e been in so far tweaking my K1200 for more sport; different dog bones seem to help quite a bit. Sergeant seat is fantastic added since this picture below is taken and I鈥檝e added a ton of carbon fiber it not just looks good but it feels 3% faster ha ha

you鈥檙e right also, a forever one is in my mind I鈥檓 searching for a motorsports version.

is the electronic speedo from HP only available on the K2 BMW ? was there ever a K-series bike that had that Moto GP type race dashboard from the factory ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I鈥檓 getting the Sargent pod painted silver this week
Soooo muccchhh better with this Sargent seat
better ergonomics more grip and riding position is improved. I can empty my pockets into the pod ahhh馃槍

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
i鈥檝e got like seven carbon fiber bits on the K12 馃槅 stuffs expensive and addictive

Registered
I put 10 K miles on my new to me wonderful K1200S loving every minute of it 馃榾. can鈥檛 imagine getting rid of it.
I鈥檓 looking for a K1300S and I want this one to be a more desirable collector bike. What does the BMW K bike tribe say is the best ... or rarest or most desirable K1300S year or variant to find ?
For desirable and collectible, I think it's obvious - the Anniversary model.
As for rarest, I don't know.
As for "best", best for what? They all do the same thing.

Registered
i gotta know . . . tell me more about the cruise control ! ! !
98 k12rs, 06 k12s, 11 k13s, now . . . 16 k13s
It's not cruise control. Those are the selector buttons for the 2D dashboard. Agree, would be a nice add on though. Set it at 100 and enjoy the ride 馃ぃ.

Registered
2000 K12RS, 16 KTM 1290SA
I was in the same position you are. I loved my K12S so much I wanted a 'keep forever' version. I found this 2013 "30 Years" K13S with 6800 miles. I added the Sargent seat and some LED lights. Now it's my sunny day bike and couldn't be happier.

I agree with the post above about finding the newest, nicest bike you can find. I actually like this paint job better than the motorsports version but do miss the forged wheels available on the motorsports version. Budget is also a consideration. Clean low millage motorsports versions from 2015-2106 are going for $12K to as much as $15K. I found mine for $9K and put about $1K into maintenance and upgrades. Sourced the seat from my K12S.

View attachment 27410
That 13S is a really nice looking bike! I was thinking , reading this post, don't change from a 12 to a 13. I always liked the 12 better. This again is sweet. Really like the "orange"

Registered
Also love my Sargent seat. Always been a Corbin guy but decided on the Sargent this time. Had them add an extra inch in seat height-----very happy with it.

Registered
the 201 K1300s was the first 1300, I have about 15k so far, Great bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
The muffler is from a K1300 and I got it from a guy on eBay who had cut the rear open semi gutted it re-welded it and polished it looks super stealth factory ... almost too loud 馃榿

1 - 20 of 23 Posts