BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Charles960 said:
I have a big aeroflow, but thought adding a LL would smooth things out.

Has anyone done this? Bike is '00 k12rs

TIA

Charles
I have the same vintage bike with a standard height Aeroflow. A few months ago I called Laminar Lip and talked to the owner. He said that he knows Paige (the owner of Aeroflow) and is very familiar with the Aeroflow lineup... then he told me that there is not a Laminar Lip that would work on the K1200RS Aeroflow :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the same year. Had a standard in smoke not really tall enough for me, couldn't find it in the move 3 yrs ago so ordered a tall. In the upper position it is almost too much. Biggest key for me was when I had my Corbin built and due to an error on my part had to have it trimmed down about 1/2-3/4 inch lower than their normal - so very close to stock Low position. I am 6' with about 33" inseam in shoes. I put on a set of Aeroflow hand protectors for the R1200C (from wife's former bike) and trimmed a bit to minimize tank contact. Works wonders to reduce for the flow around the tank to your core. Never tried their 'winglets' that mount horizontally from the turnsignal pods back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the concept of the flat wing on top. it is just taking thet swirlling air and straightening it out again. Notice that the lip extends over the top of the screen. cool.

I talked to the guy at aeroflow too. since they don't make one, i was hoping someone else had worked out the "math"

thanks for the replies. still looking :)

Cgharles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts