BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nevermind
your dumbass friend just figured it out :rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
messenger13 said:
Drove me nuts until I finally got ahold of my tech. (My bike came without it's manual for about a week.)

Having fun yet Greg? :D

i just posted my initial impressions
of course that "OIL CHECK" freaked me out at a stop :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
READ THE MANUAL. Lot's of nice nuggets of info contained therein.

And since you're too busy riding the new bike. Read it while you're doing the one thing you can't do on it. Oooops, I guess you could do it (and even might under some circumstances), but then you'd get that grey seat dirty wouldn't you? :D

Seriously, read it, you'll be surprised at all the COOL stuff your bike can do!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
messenger13 said:
Pecker tracks on a light gray seat? Definitely not a warranty issue! :rotf:
That's not quite what I had in mind, but . . . . .

:rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SKIZIKS said:
READ THE MANUAL. Lot's of nice nuggets of info contained therein.

And since you're too busy riding the new bike. Read it while you're doing the one thing you can't do on it. Oooops, I guess you could do it (and even might under some circumstances), but then you'd get that grey seat dirty wouldn't you? :D

Seriously, read it, you'll be surprised at all the COOL stuff your bike can do!!
ok......
name 3 neat things the bike can do.... that i might not yet know..... please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
ok......
name 3 neat things the bike can do.... that i might not yet know..... please
After 1600 posts, you can probably teach me a thing or two. :eek:

I did find the manual quite useful though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
messenger13 said:
After 1600 posts, you can probably teach me a thing or two. :eek:

I did find the manual quite useful though...
i'm sure my overposting can't teach anyone.... anything
but.... i WOULD like to know some secrets that i might not already have figured out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
i'm sure my overposting can't teach anyone.... anything
but.... i WOULD like to know some secrets that i might not already have figured out
Do you remember how to turn off the light? (not in the manual)
How to operate the 4-ways?
How to change from 1-up, to 1-Up w/ luggage, to 2-up w/ luggage?
Set the clock?
Dimmer?
Reset the tripometers?
Set the phasers to 'Stun'?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
messenger13 said:
Do you remember how to .....

Set the phasers to 'Stun'?
Damn - I thought they only had the kill setting so I've been very sparing in their use. Please tell so I can expand the number of cagers who get a blast..... :D :D :D
 

·
Addict-oholic
Joined
·
1,416 Posts
How do you turn off the light? The rest is easy. And do you know about the weird heiroglyphics in the Computer screen yet ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well,
i'm learning every minute

now i have to figure out THIS problem....
my friends want to go on some 400 miles ALL INTERSTATE ride tomorrow.....
and i don't because:
1. that sucks
2. that isn't good for a new motor

so.......
what the heck should i do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
well,
i'm learning every minute

now i have to figure out THIS problem....
my friends want to go on some 400 miles ALL INTERSTATE ride tomorrow.....
and i don't because:
1. that sucks
2. that isn't good for a new motor

so.......
what the heck should i do?
As I see it, you're choices are:

1 - bag your friends by either coming down w/ a new sickness (since now you've received the bike are are over your bout of Greg-itis) or some other 'clever' method
2 - tell them that their riding idea sucks and enlighten them with some new back roads
3 - shift around the gears like a mad dog with fleas to keep the motor from staying in a specific RPM range
4 - go completely puss and tell them you have to stay home because you've been riding two excellent bikes waaay to much, then posting your impressions on the web and you're wife needs some lovin' too!

That's my $.03
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
well,
i'm learning every minute

now i have to figure out THIS problem....
my friends want to go on some 400 miles ALL INTERSTATE ride tomorrow.....
and i don't because:
1. that sucks
2. that isn't good for a new motor

so.......
what the heck should i do?
Greg,

If interested, come on down with your friends to Lakewood Ranch Saturday morning and go riding on all the straight two lane roads. No traffic!
I would love to see the bike.

Greg S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
mjkuhno said:
As I see it, you're choices are:

1 - bag your friends by either coming down w/ a new sickness (since now you've received the bike are are over your bout of Greg-itis) or some other 'clever' method
2 - tell them that their riding idea sucks and enlighten them with some new back roads
3 - shift around the gears like a mad dog with fleas to keep the motor from staying in a specific RPM range
4 - go completely puss and tell them you have to stay home because you've been riding two excellent bikes waaay to much, then posting your impressions on the web and you're wife needs some lovin' too!

That's my $.03
Oh wait, I forgot to add to the end of #4 (damn work interruptions):

and then get out and ride your GT the way you want to ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spring said:
Greg,

If interested, come on down with your friends to Lakewood Ranch Saturday morning and go riding on all the straight two lane roads. No traffic!
I would love to see the bike.

Greg S.
where will you be, and when.... if i might ask?

where will you go?
avon park?
sebring?
lake placid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mjkuhno said:
Oh wait, I forgot to add to the end of #4 (damn work interruptions):

and then get out and ride your GT the way you want to ride!
the most important point...
i've spent years trying to make others happy when riding....
i like to ride on nice roads and have fun

i like your posts a lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
the most important point...
i've spent years trying to make others happy when riding....
i like to ride on nice roads and have fun

i like your posts a lot
Exactly.

My current favorite quote (up on my wall in my office at work):

"Waste your money and your only out of money,
but waste your time and you've lost part of your life." :not

Resonance, resonance, resonance (but not about the money part buying a BMW mind you)

Greg, don't flirt w/ me too much Greg, or Joe is going to get all jealous and stuff!!! :gaRy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
ClearwaterBMW said:
where will you be, and when.... if i might ask?

where will you go?
avon park?
sebring?
lake placid?

Greg,

Is 8:00 to early? We could meet at I-75 and University Parkway. West of I-75 , about a 1/2 mile on the right is a Starbucks. And yes, anywhere east is a good place to ride,for Florida anyway.

Greg S.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top