BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leavng on thursday night the 9th and was wondering how many other riders would be on their way. Anyone is welcome to join the ride with me. I am leaving from Marietta,GA around 11PM.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm leaving NJ at about 9:00 PM Thursday and will get to St. Augustine by mid-afternoon on Friday. I'll stay there for the night--I imagine it's hard to get a room in Daytona--then ride to Daytona in time for breakfast on Saturday morning, watch the races at the Speedway and then head back. Crazy, perhaps, but fun.

Ken

·
Registered
93 Posts
kencorsun said:
I'm leaving NJ at about 9:00 PM Thursday and will get to St. Augustine by mid-afternoon on Friday. I'll stay there for the night--I imagine it's hard to get a room in Daytona--then ride to Daytona in time for breakfast on Saturday morning, watch the races at the Speedway and then head back. Crazy, perhaps, but fun.

Ken
Hey, if it ain't crazy, it ain't fun. Have a great time! Wish I was going too!

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Make sure you run by the BMW Booth. Rumor has it that the new K1200GT will be there and available for test rides.

·
Throttle Jockey
1,718 Posts
belga1976 said:
when are they offering test rides and where,.. the speedway?
Apparently.

jpalamaro said:
According to the owner of BMW Daytona the BMW demonstrations of motorcycles, to include the K12GT will be next Monday thru Friday; March 6th - March 10th at the speedway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
belga1976 said:
when are they offering test rides and where,.. the speedway?
Yes, at the Speedway, towards the West end. you can see the BMW tent when driving by on rt92.

Sign up for each day begins at 7:45AM, five rides each day. I think they have 16-18 bikes total that can be ridden on each ride. Only one GT though. Get there early, by 7:45 Monday, the line was about a block long. :wtf

The loop is 43 miles long, and includes a pretty good variety of roads.

The last ride leaves at 4:00 PM Friday March 10, 2006. I think the bikes will still be on display through the weekend, but no rides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts