·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think this is really funny. This is a post from the Sporttouring.net forum. Please note; a non-bmw owner!

It just shows you that opinions are like ass....especially when beaten to death with an ugly stick. <g>

Miles

<<totenkinder
Members

Bike(s): 2005 Tuono, 2003 R6, 2002 XR250R
Woah.. a BMW has made it out of the factory without getting beaten with the ugly stick?! I like it!>>

·
Registered
910 Posts
crackerjim said:
That light color doesn't do it for me either. The pic I've seen of the dark color (dark grey looking black) is much better.

Jim
The picture in this thread is a disaster. I keep looking for another pic in this color. If you look to the right, at the bottom of the picture, it looks like somebody, boots and all, died during the shoot.

Also, the lower fairing piece at the back near the shifter looks bent. Yow! I think that piece, as a result, is not aligned correctly.

My guess is that this picture was hurriedly put out by the BMW marketing mavens; and was one of the prototypes used for testing. Bet they wish they could have it back.

Anyone initially glancing at this picture would properly wonder what BMW had cobbled together. Any number of other pictures, most taken at the Milan show to this point seems to show closer gaps and cut-lines.

The final verdict will come as the new GT makes the rounds of the various other shows and lands in the showrooms for the first time.

Miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
No Thanks

If that is there best I will just keep ridding my 03. I think it look's more like a Kaw-con ,more than a real motorcycle. Hell they are like 10K if I wonted that Look.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Miles,

The photo is a press release photo that was clipped on the left side. The boots belong to the two models who were part of the photo shot. I can't post the original photo from BMW since there is a warning that the picture can only used for press releases and the fact that it is over 2meg in size. ;-)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fugly Flick.

Miles, you offend the lady.

I'm not in the market but the more I look the more I like it. The integration of the lines become more apparent. Has the makings of being a real GT, not a sports bike with touring pretentions (or viseahverseah) needing all sorts of aftermarket add-ons. Bet those 'bent' panels pay dividends in wind management. Please note the taillight. Magic wand or fugly flick?
Just my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Shaun said:
Miles, you offend the lady.

I'm not in the market but the more I look the more I like it. The integration of the lines become more apparent. Has the makings of being a real GT, not a sports bike with touring pretentions (or viseahverseah) needing all sorts of aftermarket add-ons. Bet those 'bent' panels pay dividends in wind management. Please note the taillight. Magic wand or fugly flick?
Just my opinion.
Shaun,

Hey, thanks. That's 4 1/3rd pictures that are new here (or at least to me). One thing that occurs to me is the space between the pipe and the saddlebag in the picture taken from the back of the bike. Remember the fires caused on a few of the early RS's when loading the left bag and it touched the exhaust? Also, at one point, I had this thought that maybe you could swap the small K-S fuel cell for the gallon larger GT one; but looking at that same photo enlarged, the whole tank area in front of the rider looks bigger (wider) than the K-S.

Agree, the motorcycle has a no-nonsense touring look.

Oh, yes, with the full picture, the lady does not look like a candidate for CSI Miami; but that is the first press release photo in my memory showing a model on the ground next to a motorcycle.

Well, Long Beach is just around the corner; hope we get more pictures and impressions.

Miles

·
Registered
134 Posts
Funny thing is, the ivory version is the only one I would buy.

I used to have an ivory / (brown trim) cruiser and just like the color.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sort of a PS to my other note.

I asked my local dealer about the Vancouver Motorcycle Show and BMW eye-candy. The noncommittal response wasn't unexpected. Seems BMW Canada and their retail network have yet to define full cooperation. In order of diminishing anticipation; GT, R-S, then F-800 models.

Because I didn't get flamed by the BMW legal department for misuse, I've attached two more GT pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
ChrisH said:
Funny thing is, the ivory version is the only one I would buy.

I used to have an ivory / (brown trim) cruiser and just like the color.
And there was a R1200 Cruiser with a real neat two-tone color; ivory/orient blue. I had an orient blue GT.

Those two colors came from the BMW cars, I believe.

Miles

·
Registered
910 Posts
Shaun said:

I asked my local dealer about the Vancouver Motorcycle Show and BMW eye-candy. The noncommittal response wasn't unexpected. Seems BMW Canada and their retail network have yet to define full cooperation. In order of diminishing anticipation; GT, R-S, then F-800 models.

Because I didn't get flamed by the BMW legal department for misuse, I've attached two more GT pics.
Where are you getting these great pictures, Shaun? Last year, the Seattle show in December did not have the K-S, but the Vancouver show in January did. Only problem was the Vancouver show coincided with our annual snow and ice storm and we could not travel.

That picture taken from above the bike clearly shows the adjustable bars and indicates the way they slide to-and-fro <g>. Also, the windscreen is really big, especially at the top the way it flares out.

The one with the gps shows a mistake on my part in another post where I figued the colors of the speedo/tach reflected the colors in the gps. Seems the background color on the gps is actually yellow, not gray like the instruments. Still, I think the look of the gps and the rest of the panel work well together.

As we move thru December, let us know if you find out about which of the new bikes will be at the motorcycle show.

Miles

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
Ohhh....
Clever, but I just noticed. There's no separate 4-way flasher switch anymore. You press both turnsignals and you get the 4-way. I'm speculating because the symbol for the 4-way is on both turn-signal buttons.

What would be interesting would be to see if you can by-pass the auto-cancel feature by hitting the turn signal button twice in succession.

(I know I'll be shot for this...)Harley also uses separate turn signal buttons, one on each grip, but hitting the button twice in close succession will by-pass the auto-cancel on their turn signal setup. Seems like a good idea...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
504 Posts
Shaun said:

I might just grab the ferry over to Vancouver and check out the bikes...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Razel said:
(I know I'll be shot for this...)Harley also uses separate turn signal buttons, one on each grip, but hitting the button twice in close succession will by-pass the auto-cancel on their turn signal setup. Seems like a good idea...
Great idea. I wish our GTs had it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Vancouver Motorcycle Show; latest word is that the GT and F800 models won't be appearing (at any Canadian Shows). But the HP2 is definite and the R1200S a vague maybe.

Too bad ... guess we've got to make the best use of whatever pictures are available and our imaginations.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Razel said:
You also hit the same button you engaged the turn signal with to cancel it. More intuitive to me than fishing around with my right thumb....

Rusty

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts