BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 BMW K1200 GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the 3rd owner of of my 2003 K 1200 GT. One of the previous 2 owners put a gash in the wind shield. The current wind shield on the bike is a comfort style wind shield with a contoured upper edge and a Laminar Lip (www.laminarlip.com) attachment. I would like to find a replacement comfort style wind shield and still use the laminar lip, but I cannot find one and don't know the manufacturer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The lip is specific to the stock screen so finding something else that your lip will fit may be tough. I recently switched to a tall parabellum from a similar setup as yours. I found it to be basically the same wind protection.
I find the helmet wind noise is best reduced by using the following rule. Helmet visor up, screen up. Visor down, screen down. .
A word of caution if you order a Parabellum. The mounting hardware they send sucks. See my post on "Parabellum Fix" for a cheap and far superior alternative to the screws and well-nuts they supply.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
These screens are a tough find, I know because last year I looked for one but had to settle for a new/old stock Cee Bailey, which are now no longer making motorcycle windscreens.
Keep this in mind too, I spoke with the owner of Laminar Lip and asked for a lip for my new Cee Bailey. He said I, or anyone, could send the shield to him and he would make a lip for that particular shield. So even if you can't find the screen you want, a lip will always be available. I love the Laminar Lips and will send him mine this winter. Also if the screen you eventually find is too high, like mine, the acrylic can be cut down to when you like it, which is what I am going to do then send it to Laminar Lip.There are a lot of YouTube videos on cutting your screen down. Good luck in your search and don't forget to check with your local BMW dealer fo a new screen, even if they have to order it.

Here's what I found for you:
Max and Bob's BMW have them but not sure if this is a "Comfort" screen so maybe call them.

Here's another choice:
High Windscreen for BMW K1200RS & K1200GT (1997-2005)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts