BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a smoke gray windscreen available for the k1200s in the same size and shape as the stock one? I bought an MRA TouringScreen and decided that I want the stock size and shape instead, however I don't see that MRA offers a stock replacement screen for the K12S.
By the way, my MRA TouringScreen in smoke gray is for sale, it's brand new, never mounted on the bike, still has the protective film attached to it. I paid $108.31 with shipping, I will ship it in the same box and packaging for $95 and I'll pay the shipping.

Barry

·
Registered
505 Posts
kkugel said:
Pirate has it on his site: http://piratesk12site.net/MRAShield.htm Sounds like the racing model is what you want.
I bought the "racing model", and it is NOT the same as the stock screen. The sides are about the same height, but it is not dished in the center like the stock screen. It is actually rounded, so the center is significantly higher than the stock shield. It provides a bit more wind protection if that is what one is looking for, but for me at 5'9", the wind blast now hits me in the neck. If you're bundled up for cold weather, it is OK, but it is uncomfortable on a bare neck. This is the second aftermarket screen I have tried, and I still prefer the stock screen.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did some digging and found that MRA does offer what I'm looking for. It's called an OriginalScreen, same size and shape as the stock windscreen and it's offered in ten different colors. I found it at www.twistedthrottle.com if anyone's interested.
I looked at the racing model, and it doesn't appear to be the same size and shape, I'm happy with the stock screen, just want it in smoke gray.

Barry

·
Registered
288 Posts
thanks Barry, lots of good stuff on this site. I've been looking for a rack that didn't need modifications to install and an exact replica windscreen in smoke gray...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your welcome Jimmy,
You mentioned that your also looking for a rack for your S, did you see the one offered by SW-MOTECH on the twistedthrottle site? Says that it just bolts on without any modifications, sounds interesting.

Barry

·
Registered
288 Posts
saw it, Barry, and will get it if it goes on and off relatively easy. I'm sure I don't want it on constantly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts