BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - so I've read (and re-read) every thread on this forum (and others) about the ideal cold weather/winter glove. Aside from heated gloves and hippo-hands it seems that the consensus is somewhere within the following gloves:

1. Rev-IT Celcius (http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/info_FGW01400.html)
2. Held Hawk (http://www.held-usa.com/products/hawk.shtml)
3. Held Narvik (http://www.held-usa.com/products/narvik.shtml)
4. BMW ProWinter (http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/p...prowinter.html)
5. Lee Parks (http://www.leeparksdesign.com)

Which of the above gloves would you recommend and where did you purchase them from?

Thanks in advance!

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
Get heated grips....that's the beauty of having them....regular gloves all year!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Remedy,

I've compared a number of the gloves you've listed, particularly the 2 Held gloves and the Rev'It's. The Rev'It's seemed the nicest of the lot (they didn't have my size at the time). I've owned both Held and Rev'It gloves (not winter) and they've both been of high quality and the attention to detail was great. I'd expect no less in any of the gloves you've listed. I've heard good things about the BMW and Lee Parks. I'm more partial to the Rev'It stuff - seems to fit good and wear well. The PCM material in the Celcius gloves is apparently a bit better than the other heat transfer material in the other brand gloves.

I recently purchased a pair of the TourMaster Winter Elite gloves, they're pretty decent but a bit thick for my taste.

Good luck - let us know whatcha get!

alow

p.s. And as milkman says - get the heated grips. Although seeing he's in California, I'd bet he doesn't ride in too many 20 degree days. At 20 degrees - heated grips only help your palms - not your fingers or tops of your hand - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :)

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
alowishus said:
p.s. And as milkman says - get the heated grips. Although seeing he's in California, I'd bet he doesn't ride in too many 20 degree days. At 20 degrees - heated grips only help your palms - not your fingers or tops of your hand - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :)
You're right about that, but I have ridden in 35 degree weather with regular gloves...the GT fairing keeps the wind off your hands which lets the heat do a better job.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yea - it's not too bad. I commute from Cincinnati to Dayton a few times a week (~50 miles). When it's below 35, riding at 70-80 for 45-60 mins gets really chilly - even with the heated handgrips and fairing!

I took a page from the rain gear I've got - the gloves I recently got (the Tourmaster gloves) have a zipper on the gauntlet that contains an extra layer (kind of like a windbreaker jacket) that goes over the gloves. It works wonders! It does enough to stop the wind from seeping through the glove when it's really really cold out.

I'd still like to get the Rev'It Celcius gloves though - but oh well!

alow

·
Registered
258 Posts
Gloves

Have had the Held Naviks and the Lee Parks PCIs. The Held are quite warm but way to thick/heavy for me. They are well built but I lost a great deal of feel in exchange for warmth. Very well constructed and sturdy.

In the end Sold the Narviks and got the Parks. Very warm and still retain the feel of the controls. Only problem I have had is getting in touch with Lee to get one of the gloves replaced as the stitching was not quite right when I purchased. Would I purchase again - yes.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
alowishus said:
Geez...you get edumacated, and then you forget. However...from the state that measures snow in feet, not inches, check out the weather in Truckee, California. Interstate 80, which is kept open most of the year except when the snow is falling at 18 inches per hour...then they close the road so the snow plows can work without regard to cages getting caught up in the plows...20 degrees? How 'bout zero? Yes...right here in California. Who woulda thought? :hand

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rev-it

I bought the Rev-IT Celsius because they felt the least like a bulky glove. They have held up excellent in wet weather. On two long trips w/ temps in the high 30s, low 40s, the back of my fingers were cold and my hands seemed to get numb -even w/ the heated grips. The numbness was most likely due to the static position of my hands for an extended length of time but I haven't experienced that on long trips w/ the regular gloves. I was told they need to break-in and in fact the last long trip wasn't as bad. In general, I like the gloves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts