BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Did you end up going with the same springs used in the German guy’s video?
I went with the red springs because that’s all they had in stock. So far I haven’t noticed anything untoward, but I do plan on replacing the bearing in the outer clutch and maybe replacing with the yellow springs (being sure to remove the paint first. I was kind of hoping Mattias would report back on what he saw before opening it up again.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hi Mattias!
I’ve read your method, and understand it all pretty well so far.
im looking to do the same mod as winter is almost here in uk.
What length of M10x1 bolts did you use, and also how much did you machine the heads down to? Looks like only a few mm?
20mm length, heads cut down to i think it was 3-3,5mm height, made them a few thenths of a mm lower than the bulge over the springs in the backingplate.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I went with the red springs because that’s all they had in stock. So far I haven’t noticed anything untoward, but I do plan on replacing the bearing in the outer clutch and maybe replacing with the yellow springs (being sure to remove the paint first. I was kind of hoping Mattias would report back on what he saw before opening it up again.
Will post my findings as soon as i get the time to work on the bike. Might be a while tho.

·
Registered
2007 K12R
137 Posts
Looks like the yellow springs are in stock now here:

61 - 66 of 66 Posts