BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a V-1 from the previous owner of my Dakar and I was wonder if anyone has wired theirs from a fuse block to switch to the V-1?

do you just cut the phone wire to fit and wire it to the switch or do you have to use the adapter from Valentine?

this may be a big help on my GT as it has a habit of going from A-Z pretty darn quick if you dont watch it :wtf:

btw Ken, you may know the previous owner of my Dakar, he is the first person to complete a SaddleSore on THREE different
continets (North America, Africa and South America) met him today and he is a super guy.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes you'll need the power adapter from Valentine. If you plan on wiring it to earbuds, you'll also need an adapter for that as the V1 doesn't have an audio out jack.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Regarding the remote display: I found that if the V1 is mounted anywhere in line of sight the display is fine for visual alerts, and the remote display would only be needed if I wanted to mount the V1 in a more buried/protected location, which I don't because then I would lose some sensitivity. I have the V1 in a plastic cover for rain protection. Note the remote audio box is NOT waterproof, and needs to be taken in if it rains. It should also be mounted in easy reach of your hands, so you can mute alerts or it may drive you crazy, since it will be beeping loudly into your headset. I have mine HD-velcro mounted to the top of the clutch master reservoir so I can reach it with my finger while moving, and it comes off fast for rain/security.

Good luck with your installation. Lets see pics when done.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Larry for the info. I do plan on mounting it low and to my right so it may be hard to see the display on the unit?

As for rain, have baggies and tape will travel :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
I won't claim the remote audio is waterproof but I've had mine tucked under the seat for the last 30K miles without any problems. Also with the remote audio adapter plugged in, you can still use the temp mute button on the V1 you just can't change the volume level.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks James, that is good to know.

I am hoping I will have room to put the remote audio under the BMR shelf system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts