BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the release of the new cross-country BMW HP2 motorcycle, BMW has put together some fancy new off-road gear, and the pick of the bunch is carbon fibre, Kevlar and fibreglass off-road helmet that’s also aerodynamic and aesthetic enough to be seen anywhere. Indeed, we’re predicting that when the helmet becomes available it will be a best seller, particularly if the company decides to fit its Bluetooth and noise cancellation technologies which will enable it to work with a mobile phone and eventually with other Bluetooth devices such as MP3 players and the like. Now there’s a promising thought – imagine trail riding whilst listening to crystal-clear classical music. The new off-road helmet is reconfigurable, and can be used with or without both the visor or the screen and adds to an impressive BMW helmet line-up which also includes the featherweight SportIntegral carbon fibre helmet that weighs just 999 grams.

Attachments

·
Riding in company
292 Posts
All the stuff you said sounds good, but doesn't the helmet make him look like a big bird?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I guess that the team that designed the HP2 also did the helmet.
Bruce C

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
mikeodial said:
With the release of the new cross-country BMW HP2 motorcycle, BMW has put together some fancy new off-road gear, and the pick of the bunch is carbon fibre, Kevlar and fibreglass off-road helmet that’s also aerodynamic and aesthetic enough to be seen anywhere. Indeed, we’re predicting that when the helmet becomes available it will be a best seller, particularly if the company decides to fit its Bluetooth and noise cancellation technologies which will enable it to work with a mobile phone and eventually with other Bluetooth devices such as MP3 players and the like. Now there’s a promising thought – imagine trail riding whilst listening to crystal-clear classical music. The new off-road helmet is reconfigurable, and can be used with or without both the visor or the screen and adds to an impressive BMW helmet line-up which also includes the featherweight SportIntegral carbon fibre helmet that weighs just 999 grams.

If you want to get shot up the arse in mistake for a scrub turkey, wear it !!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Oh BillA, that helmet isn't Big Bird

BillA said:
All the stuff you said sounds good, but doesn't the helmet make him look like a big bird?
I was thinking the helmet is most like Woody Wood Pecker (paint it red), so the guy in the helmet would be a... Red Peckerhead :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
it certainly looks different and if you're auditioning for the next star wars movie i'd wear it but i wouldn't put that silly looking thing on my head.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
Kinda "beaky"

I'm a little interested... if the bill/visor was not on it so I could get a better look at it "clean". I've forgotten who made the "Bandit"... but I've longed for that kind of look for a long time in a highway helmet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like it. I think it goes great with my GS Adventure. I didn't mind the looks of the Arai XD, which would be my first choice. Good thing they can't see who's under the helmet:D. I agree it would look silly riding a K bike with one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Noise cancellation (no earplugs needed) Blue tooth so no need for wires to listen to music use cell phone, intercom with pillion and go bike to bike comm (at least in the near future if not today)
Who cares what it looks. That would just be too funtional to pass up on.
Besides it would look alot better for street duty without the visor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
mikeodial said:
Now there’s a promising thought – imagine trail riding whilst listening to crystal-clear classical music.
I go trail riding to get away from things not take them with me so no thanks. Unless you're riding an easy trail you'll be concentrating too much on avoid the latest obstacle such as a rock or a tree to even listen.

·
Sooper Dooper Moderator
1,025 Posts
That's the one!

samsdad57 said:
Chuck,
Simpson Race Products sells a helmet named the "Bandit" for cars.
They also have one called "Outlaw" for bikes.

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/Helmets.aspx

That's it! I've never seen one in person, but I like that look. But it would probably be noisier than hell on a motorcycle. But yeah, that's what I was talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts