BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these on Santa Cruz BMW's website. They're made of woven cotton mesh.

Anyone using these? Performance gains?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put in evo's race kit ,works good and sounds great. I think if you replaced the filters and removed the tubes it would work well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm familiar with the Evoluzione filters, but these are NOT the ones from Wunderlich, which are the ones I was asking about. The Wunderlich Blue filters supposedly (and they appear to in their photo) have a bit more effective filtering area due to less spread of the bonding material over the mesh of the filter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've run the Wunderlich Blue Air Filters for 4,000 km since December 2005.

The filters do give slight performance gains. But compared to the awesome sound and power the bike had before, the filters' gains are difficult to detect. You'll find the engine doesn't appreciably sound louder, feel more powerful or rev quicker.

One performance modification that you will feel is replacing the pipes. I definitely feel the difference that the Remus full Titanium header/cat.eliminator./silencer system gives the bike. The Remus pipes definitely give the bike an awesome sound, shed weight, and increase the power.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

BTW, I totally agree with your assessment of the Remus full Ti system. I have it on mine. MAJOR improvement in performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts