BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order last week for some small accessories from Wunderlich UK who turn out to be trading in the UK through SPC. As my order hadn't turned up (should have been here yesterday) I went to the net and got their phone number but It doesn't work. I then tried the other associated SPC companies phone numbers and likewise, No joy.

Now I'm getting worried so I called Pidcocks who used to be a franchise holder. They kindly informed me that SPC went under over a month ago!!

Ok now I'm a bit pissed so I go to the German site where there is information on the situation (click on the Union Jack) and a contact address for the new Wunderlich importer - BMW BikeBits. (They are now selling Wunderlich accessories, BUT the SPC site is still active!!!) BE VERY CAREFUL.

A phone call to BMWBikeBits confirmed the story and they suggested that I call the credit card company and get them to get the money back. Orders placed through SPC will NOT be honoured.

I then checked with my bank to find that stupidly, I had placed the order on my debit card rather than a credit card and as such there are no safeguards.

So .. long story short, I'm shafted. Very unlikely to get the goods and even less likely to get my money back. :mad:

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
How can a company continue to charge credit cards when they've gone out of business (over a month?!) Something's wrong there already!

Anyway, that really sucks! (And why I end up making my own stuff if possible.)

Thanks for the notice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts