BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that many manufacturers are releasing new models in the second half of any year and calling them the next years model.

For example I ordered a new Volkswagen in November 07 and it was referred to as the 08 model. I ordered a new Harley Davidson in November 06 and it was known as the 07 model.

Quite a number of threads I have read on K-Bikes suggest that the 07 model GT had the brake refinements.

My GT is a November 06 model with no servo assist on the brakes, is this then known as the 07 model?

Not a deep question I know but your thoughts would be valued. Maybe :ghug:

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Dadicool59 said:
I have noticed that many manufacturers are releasing new models in the second half of any year and calling them the next years model.

For example I ordered a new Volkswagen in November 07 and it was referred to as the 08 model. I ordered a new Harley Davidson in November 06 and it was known as the 07 model.

Quite a number of threads I have read on K-Bikes suggest that the 07 model GT had the brake refinements.

My GT is a November 06 model with no servo assist on the brakes, is this then known as the 07 model?

Not a deep question I know but your thoughts would be valued. Maybe :ghug:
Yes. It is a 2007 model.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The US guys are notorious for this. Somehow makes everyone feel better having a 2008 vehicle in 2007.

My bike is an Aussie 2006 model with the gen 2 brakes but for compatability with most of the guys on this forum I call it a 2007 model in my signature. It is very confusing for us Aussies until we get the hang of what is going on.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
German businesses generally take August off for extended holidays. So BMW usually ends the last year's production in July, and starts the next year's production in September. For the last couple of years, BMW has been offering many of its employees the chance to work overtime through August which has helped to keep up with high demands for their bikes.

So your bike built in November 2006 is officially a 2007 model. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts