BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone custom painted a k1200S in yellow and have a pix of it? I am wondering what it would look like. I used to have a yellow Ducati and it's a really nice colour for a sports/sports-touring bike.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
HDF photshopped this for me last spring when I was thinking the same thing. Not quite Ducati yellow but should give you some idea.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I actually think it would look good with the correct yellow (as on a Ducati) and with the belly pan painted as well.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
Shamed into replying

OK Todd, you've shamed in into playing with Photoshop again. Here are two versions a bit closer to Ducati yellow.

They are still quick & dirty, but they do look a bit closer to the yellow you want.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Thanks Hector!

Hmmm...I just can't decide if I love it or if I'm indifferent.

I'm actually thinking about leaving mine gray and saving up for the new R6. Throttle by wire...mmmmmm.

·
Maestro de Turismo
406 Posts
I can't say I like the one with the yellow belly pan, but I suspect the first version of it (in actual ducati yellow) would look really sweet.

However, I think I'll stick to my plain "vanilla" gray color - it attracts less attention from our good friends the LEO's.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the effort hdf. I agree that leaving the black belly pan does look better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts